The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Man of Steel" (July 2013), Produced by Christopher Nolan; The Official Superman Reboot Thread *NEW TRAILER*

Superman is a difficult superhero for me to like because he lacks famous adversaries. Spiderman has Doctor Octopus, Venom, etc...Batman has the Joker, Two-Face, etc...the only two Superman villains I know are General Zod and Lex Luthor (who both seem boring) and Doomsday. Never could watch the Christopher Reeves movies...they also seemed...boring. I did like Smallville though!

But I have to say, the trailer for the reboot looks very intriguing. It seems that the dark and gritty style of the Nolan trilogy has spilled over into Snyder's take on Superman.

Very skeptical about this one. Even with Nolan's involvement, I'm worried due to Snyder's track record. His releases have been getting steadily worse. Dawn of the Dead = Great, 300 = Gread, Watchmen = Average, Sucker Punch = Awful, Owl Movie = Barf.

Very skeptical about this one. Even with Nolan's involvement, I'm worried due to Snyder's track record. His releases have been getting steadily worse. Dawn of the Dead = Great, 300 = Gread, Watchmen = Average, Sucker Punch = Awful, Owl Movie = Barf.

I am certain they'll want to take their time with it and make sure they get everything right. 2011's Green Lantern, for example, was a complete mess. I have been hoping Warner Bros. would consider an Aquaman film, but there have been no plans as of yet.

I am looking forward to this after watching The Dark Knight Trilogy. I am a HUGE fan of Christopher Nolan, he has done exceptionally good work along with his brother and David Goyer. Zack Snyder has a great style and for him to take on Man of Steel might give us that Superman Film we have always been wanting to see. Perhaps these will later turn into a JLA film.

However DC Comics need to learn from Marvel in my opinion. Marvel has come out with more well liked super hero films and are a step ahead of DC Comics. But I am sure that DC Comics will get around to it, a little patience and I am sure it will be worth it :)

Nothing wrong with the Superman franchise getting the Dark Knight treatment...

Well written? Looks like it should be with Goyer and Nolan having writing credits.

Well produced? The combination of Legendary and Syncopy hasn't failed yet.

Well directed? Snyder has a hit or miss record for me but all of his films have at least looked amazing.

Certainly one thing that mustn't be undervalued is that this will also be scored by Hans Zimmer... nobody does these "epic" films better.

Nothing wrong with the Superman franchise getting the Dark Knight treatment...

Well written? Looks like it should be with Goyer and Nolan having writing credits.

Well produced? The combination of Legendary and Syncopy hasn't failed yet.

Well directed? Snyder has a hit or miss record for me but all of his films have at least looked amazing.

Certainly one thing that mustn't be undervalued is that this will also be scored by Hans Zimmer... nobody does these "epic" films better.

Archived