The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anybody else have a strong feeling that Burrows might have a career year this season?

hockeyfan90

I really have that strong feeling that he will since he's a UFA next year and he will then ask for 5+ mill... I know others like Edler, Raymond, Malhotra, etc... are UFA next year but I really think Burr will have a hell of a season next year and as a result his value will be huge. Might have a real hard time then signing him for cheap.

I have a real strong feeling he is gonna rack up 0 pts this year in 0 games played.....

i hate to say it but there is probably gonna be a lock out :(

But if there isn't a lockout then i think there is a good chance he will put up good numbers.... after all usually players play their best when their contract is up at the end of the year and they want a hefty raise!

Statistically, I have this feeling that Burrows has peaked already. It's my opinion that he had his career season in 2009-2010 and has plateaued over the past two years at 0.66PPG. At 31, I think he's got another two years at this level (25G/25A per season for the next two years; 20/20 2014-2015 and beyond as long as he stays healthy) and it will be a downward trajectory thereafter.

Based on this, I think he will sign an extension during the 2012-2013 season for three years at a cap hit of $3.5 million to $4.0 million.

I hope I'm wrong and that he has a 2012-2013 that is reminiscent of 2009-2010 (35G/32A).

I don't think of Burrows as the kind of guy who steps up his game because it is a contract year. He just simply steps up his game whenever he can, because that is what his game is about.

That being said, I think the Canucks will be a bit deeper this year, I think the second line is bound to have a better season, and imo that should mean a little less on the shoulders of the first line, and perhaps better conditions to produce more...

I don't think of Burrows as the kind of guy who steps up his game because it is a contract year. He just simply steps up his game whenever he can, because that is what his game is about.

That being said, I think the Canucks will be a bit deeper this year, I think the second line is bound to have a better season, and imo that should mean a little less on the shoulders of the first line, and perhaps better conditions to produce more...

He peaked in his 35 goal season when the twins were the best players in the league. Down the stretch Burrows and the Sedins showed next to no chemistry and teams figured them out.

I could see Burrows ending up on our 2nd or 3rd line and the Sedins getting a new partner mid-way through the season like Booth, Kassian or Hansen even. Burrows will probably score around 25 goals and 50 points anyway and be a solid secondary scorer.

Archived