The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison looking to avoid one-hit label

bure10fan

Jason Garrison, Vancouver Canucks -- Playing for the Florida Panthers, with some help from defense partner Brian Campbell, Garrison became one of the NHL's most feared gunners from the point last season. His 16 goals were more than twice as many as he managed in his first two NHL seasons, and his 33 points eclipsed the 26 he had since turning pro in 2009 after three seasons at Minnesota-Duluth.

Garrison's big season helped the Panthers to the first division title in franchise history -- and earned him a six-year contract from the Canucks, not far from his birthplace in White Rock, B.C.

Garrison, 27, is going from a middle-of-the-pack team to one of the NHL's best, and more is going to be expected of him after signing the big contract. The Canucks are banking on the expectation he'll be able to thrive while playing near home and without Campbell, whose passing skills were a big part of Garrison's offensive breakout.

They make it sound like the canucks can't pass. I can't wait to see what happens on the power play.

Imo It's Campbell's speed, not passing, that helped Garrison, and the Panther offense, the most.

Like how Ehrhoff's speed helped the Sedins turn from 80pt players into 100pt players.

I don't think Garrison is near as fast, but if i'm wrong about that, yay.

Otherwise, i'm happy getting a Salo replacement that you can rely on. Too bad not right side though. OMG WHERE IS SHEA WEBER!!!

Imo It's Campbell's speed, not passing, that helped Garrison, and the Panther offense, the most.

Like how Ehrhoff's speed helped the Sedins turn from 80pt players into 100pt players.

I don't think Garrison is near as fast, but if i'm wrong about that, yay.

Otherwise, i'm happy getting a Salo replacement that you can rely on. Too bad not right side though. OMG WHERE IS SHEA WEBER!!!

He scored most of his goals early last season. Part of Florida's surprise start. Then teams adapted.

If we duplicates last seasons' goal total, i'd be shocked. But if he's on a Sedin-led powerplay all season long, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Archived