The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TORONTO: Strip Clubs set to recruit high-school girls

key2thecup

I'm amazed people overlooked the immigration issues here, but I guess that's a boring topic. The stated reasons for marriage for these strippers would indeed be a marriage of convenience (i.e. marriage+immigrant fraud) and get them a denial, deported, possibly even inadmissibility from entering again for a very long time if they attempt to do an inland PR route. Also, because of their age, 10 year sponsorship undertaking responsibility for the idiot who marries them rather than the 3 my wife had long ago.

Anyhow, about stripping, I don't see the problem with this.. freedom is for the person making the decision, regardless of what any "objectifying/judgmental" men or moronic women who wish to equate stripping with slavery think.

I personally would rather have a strip club at my daughter's career fair than the military spouting off their bullsh!t propaganda.

Once a person is 18 they should be able to do whatever they'd like with their body... I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

I'm a father of a beautiful girl, and though I'd be choked if she chose stripping as a job, I'd be even more pissed if some jackass talked her into signing up for the military.

I personally would rather have a strip club at my daughter's career fair than the military spouting off their bullsh!t propaganda.

Once a person is 18 they should be able to do whatever they'd like with their body... I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

I'm a father of a beautiful girl, and though I'd be choked if she chose stripping as a job, I'd be even more pissed if some jackass talked her into signing up for the military.

Well, guys, it's coming to Vancouver. Wonder how parents of 18-year old women feel now that it's coming closer to home.

Adult entertainment lobby group threatens to recruit strippers at Vancouver schools

If the Vancouver School Board won’t let the adult entertainment industry recruit strippers from within its high schools, industry reps say they’ll stand out on the street and hand out flyers.

“As far as recruiting 18-year-olds, that’s a market that has been untouched,” said Tim Lambrinos, executive director of the Adult Entertainment Association of Canada (AEAC).

In early June, Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced the government won’t be giving out temporary work visas for foreign strippers.

“Canadians have told us they want us to put a stop to foreign workers entering Canada to work in businesses where there are reasonable grounds to suspect a risk of sexual exploitation,” wrote Alexis Pavlich, spokesperson for the ministry, in an email. “It is disgraceful that Tim Lambrinos would now intentionally target underage Canadian high school youth.”

“We’re reacting to the government ... They’re saying we’re going to strip you of your workforce,” said Lambrinos. “The government is saying, indirectly, you need to get more aggressive and more proactive at recruiting locally.

“We’re not going to take it lying down.”

A Vancouver school board trustee said there is no way any recruiting efforts will be allowed to happen at public schools.

“We would never allow any kind of publication of that sort anywhere near our school,” said Mike Lombardi, a trustee and vice-chair of the Vancouver School Board.

Lambrinos confirmed a draft of the recruiting package read: “If you are visually appealing and comfortable with your naked body and are comfortable about taking all your clothes off, you can be working right now as an exotic dancer and earn your tuition fees for university or college.”

Reacting to the draft, Lombardi said, “The bottom line is the position of the Vancouver School Board would be very swift and very firm and it would totally ensure that none of that kind of garbage reached our schools.”

Lambrinos’ association represents a total of 38,000 strippers across the country, 25 to 30 per cent of whom are currently students. About 800 of those strippers are in Canada under temporary visas that are up for renewal each year.

The reason the AEAC has targeted students is because it’s an “untouched” market whose numbers are on the rise, doubling in the last three years.

“There are already students that are becoming doctors, accountants and lawyers that are earning their tuition,” Lambrinos said.

Local strip clubs, including Main Street’s No. 5 Orange and Vancouver’s most famous club, The Penthouse, both said they don’t have strippers on temporary visas and won’t be affected by Minister Kenney’s move.

“We just don’t simply hire foreign workers,” said Danny Filippone, owner of The Penthouse.

“I can speak on behalf of the Penthouse and probably safely speak on behalf of the other local strip bars, it just doesn’t happen in Vancouver.”

Filippone said Vancouver’s strip clubs are run differently that those out east, with less of an emphasis on private or “VIP” dances.

Recruitment would start at educational institutions and perhaps move into malls if necessary, Lambrinos added.

“We’ll go to the mall, we’ll set up a kiosk,” Lambrinos said. “With a pole.”

The Vancouver School Board’s Lombardi called the plan a lobbying effort intended to scare the government.

“It’s a very, very poor tactic and strategy because what it does is bring into question their reputation,” Lombardi said.

Lambrinos added this is not the last card the adult entertainment association could play. He expects the group could use the courts to extend the dancers’ permits for another year. Past that, he suggested the AEAC would advertise to find people who could marry the foreign nationals, adding it would be possible because the women are already in the country.

The immigration ministry’s office has been contacted but has yet to issue a response to the AEAC announcement.

http://www.canada.com/health/Adult+entertainment+lobby+group+threatens+recruit+strippers+Vancouver+schools/6988807/story.html' rel="external nofollow">

It's funny...we as a society try not to have too many rules. Generally, most people say, "Do whatever you want, as long as it's not hurting anyone else". Obviously it doesn't matter if you want to steal money, shoot someone, or molest a child; those things damage others in easily identifiable ways.

Other ways of damaging others seem to be less blatent, hence there are differing opinions on them. For instance, bullying. It has been around for ages, but in recent years people are starting to understand the negative effects it has on victims of it. Opinions may differ on to what degree, but it is generally agreed that bullying is emotionally scarring to the victim. As such, it is getting a lot of attention, with many ideas on how to combat it, and how we could use the law against bullies.

Now, let's imagine that a teen going to school could somehow be paid to be a subject of bullying. Everyday he went to school, he'd get hours of direct, focused, almost CONSTANT bullying, and be forced to openly and readily submit to it - but in return he'd be paid $200 a day for his troubles. Now, $200 is a LOT of money for a kid going to school. There would be many who would jump all over this opportunity. But when it comes down to it, would the financial reward eliminate all the emotional scars of being bullied?

Sure, the kids doing it would suck it up, because where else are they going to get that kind of money? They would likely say things like, "I'd probably get bullied a bit anyway, why not get paid for it?" You'd may even find some who have convinced themselves that it's not that bad, and they maybe even find some sort of twisted pleasure in it. And some parents of these kids would put a positive spin on it...some may even openly encourage it to help support the family (most adults don't even make $200/day!). However, none of this would cancel out the long-term effects the treatment would have on the individual.

Another form of treatment that has been around for ages is sexual harassment. Our society has been much more vigilent against it, because the negative effects it has on a victim of it are well documented, and quite extreme. As such, there are detailed laws written against it, and most organizations have a zero-tolerance policy of it. Sure, it still happens from time-to-time, but for the most part the general populace finds it totally unacceptable.

So the question is: if a woman is paid extraordinarily well to openly submit to long periods of direct, constant, focused sexual harassment, is she left mentally and emotionally unscathed?

It's funny...we as a society try not to have too many rules. Generally, most people say, "Do whatever you want, as long as it's not hurting anyone else". Obviously it doesn't matter if you want to steal money, shoot someone, or molest a child; those things damage others in easily identifiable ways.

Other ways of damaging others seem to be less blatent, hence there are differing opinions on them. For instance, bullying. It has been around for ages, but in recent years people are starting to understand the negative effects it has on victims of it. Opinions may differ on to what degree, but it is generally agreed that bullying is emotionally scarring to the victim. As such, it is getting a lot of attention, with many ideas on how to combat it, and how we could use the law against bullies.

Now, let's imagine that a teen going to school could somehow be paid to be a subject of bullying. Everyday he went to school, he'd get hours of direct, focused, almost CONSTANT bullying, and be forced to openly and readily submit to it - but in return he'd be paid $200 a day for his troubles. Now, $200 is a LOT of money for a kid going to school. There would be many who would jump all over this opportunity. But when it comes down to it, would the financial reward eliminate all the emotional scars of being bullied?

Sure, the kids doing it would suck it up, because where else are they going to get that kind of money? They would likely say things like, "I'd probably get bullied a bit anyway, why not get paid for it?" You'd may even find some who have convinced themselves that it's not that bad, and they maybe even find some sort of twisted pleasure in it. And some parents of these kids would put a positive spin on it...some may even openly encourage it to help support the family (most adults don't even make $200/day!). However, none of this would cancel out the long-term effects the treatment would have on the individual.

Another form of treatment that has been around for ages is sexual harassment. Our society has been much more vigilent against it, because the negative effects it has on a victim of it are well documented, and quite extreme. As such, there are detailed laws written against it, and most organizations have a zero-tolerance policy of it. Sure, it still happens from time-to-time, but for the most part the general populace finds it totally unacceptable.

So the question is: if a woman is paid extraordinarily well to openly submit to long periods of direct, constant, focused sexual harassment, is she left mentally and emotionally unscathed?

I rent my body everyday, for an hourly wage. Am I bad?Should i feel shame?

As to stripping, was anyone born fully clothed?

people should not take off their clothes for money but athlete's are allowed to use their body to make money.

Smells of hypocrisy.

Archived