Kris Versteeg

Scott Clemmensen

To FLA:

Roberto Luongo

Mason Raymond

Vancouver gets a good prospect, a top 6 forward and a solid backup for Schneids

Florida gets a top 5 goalie and a speedy winger

Thoughts?

how about Luongo + Raymond for Stephen Weiss, Theodore and a 2nd round pick? That would give us a very good second line of Booth-Weiss-Kesler and a proven NHL goalie to back up Schneids.

I don't think FLA is giving up any of its good prospects like Howden, Bjugstad, Huberdeau or Gudbranson like some are suggesting.

I'd rather have Luongo. If we aren't getting a fair return for a top-5 NHL goalie, there is less harm in tying up 9 million on goalies with an increase in the cap if we guarantee solid goaltending throughout the season/playoffs.

Timing is key with this trade. If a team in need of a bona fide #1 is in a big slide to start the year, willingness to do something dramatically changes.

I'd rather have Luongo. If we aren't getting a fair return for a top-5 NHL goalie, there is less harm in tying up 9 million on goalies with an increase in the cap if we guarantee solid goaltending throughout the season/playoffs.

Timing is key with this trade. If a team in need of a bona fide #1 is in a big slide to start the year, willingness to do something dramatically changes.

^^^^^THIS^^^^ Exactly! Why not go into the season with both goalies and whenever a team is doing poorly or declining due to goalie reason (which will bound to happen), that's the moment to trade Luongo and we're guaranteed to get a decent. That goes with saying that if MG gets the right deal/ deal he is looking for Luongo before the season starts, them I'm for it.

^^^^^THIS^^^^ Exactly! Why not go into the season with both goalies and whenever a team is doing poorly or declining due to goalie reason (which will bound to happen), that's the moment to trade Luongo and we're guaranteed to get a decent. That goes with saying that if MG gets the right deal/ deal he is looking for Luongo before the season starts, them I'm for it.

Good proposal its realistic but this deal would depend on who florida wants to give up theodore or clemmenson because one would likely be needed in the trade unless we sign a ufa or let lack come up or could trade one of the 2 to toronto or chicago etc.

how about Luongo + Raymond for Stephen Weiss, Theodore and a 2nd round pick? That would give us a very good second line of Booth-Weiss-Kesler and a proven NHL goalie to back up Schneids.

I don't think FLA is giving up any of its good prospects like Howden, Bjugstad, Huberdeau or Gudbranson like some are suggesting.

Archived