The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic

With Philly offer sheeting Weber, maybe this'll start a new trend for teams to start using the offer sheet tool more often to pry away good RFA's from their respective teams. I know the Oilers took a lot of heat a few years ago when they threw offer sheets out to Vanek and Penner and maybe the criticism that comes along with an offer sheet scares away some GM's from using this tool.

So far I haven't seen anyone jump on Philly, so maybe we can stick it to Boston and pry away Lucic and bring the Vancouver boy back to his hometown. He's an RFA next season and is exactly the type of player we need. He's probably the toughest guy in the league who can produce 30 goals and 60-70 points a year. How many guys can you say that about?

So what kind of an offer do you think it would take to get him out of Boston? He'll only be 25 when he becomes an RFA and will be just hitting his prime. I'd say offer him like an 8 year $45M deal, that's a $5.625 cap hit.

Boston is right up against the cap this year and though they will have come contracts coming off the books next year, like Thomas and Horton, they'll still need to re-sign guys like Seguin, Marchand and Rask who are also set to become RFA's. Therefore, they might not be able to match that type of an offer for Lucic. He would be an ideal fit here. Thoughts?

I always wanted Lucic on this team. The guy's a complete beast. Sedins and Lucic together would be wicked.

But I also think that a $5.625M cap hit is way too much for a guy who has only had 30 goals. I understand he's young, but I don't think he deserves more than Kesler. Maybe something just under $5.000M would be a good deal. I'd say, 6 years at $28.75M would be great.

Guest gumballthechewy

Lucic is scum, if he came here I would be very temped to stop supporting the Canucks until he left.

And you know him personally, right?... :rolleyes:

I always wanted Lucic on this team. The guy's a complete beast. Sedins and Lucic together would be wicked.

But I also think that a $5.625M cap hit is way too much for a guy who has only had 30 goals. I understand he's young, but I don't think he deserves more than Kesler. Maybe something just under $5.000M would be a good deal. I'd say, 6 years at $28.75M would be great.

Guest gumballthechewy

and what makes you say he's a scumbag? reason? A true fan would support any player in a Canuck uni, not stop supporting his team for just one player

Archived