The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does this new weber contract hurt his trade value for next year?

for me it doesnt because he is locked in and he isnt going anywhere....it might increase his value, if thats possible

but now that he has to be traded and he cant be traded till next year....who can we trade for him??? i would assume its 365 days to the day he gets his offer matched so that 3 weeks after edler is becomes a UFA and he would be the nucleus of any trade involving us and weber....i highly doubt if gillis is gonna re-sign him and ship him off to nsh

I would say his value has gone up, assuming he keeps playing at the same level.

An $8mil cap for arguably the best Dman in the NHL, while a steep price, would certainly be worth it for a high revenue team.

He could very well be the kind of guy who can be elite well into his 30's, so I can't see the term being much of a turn off either.

I would say his value has gone up, assuming he keeps playing at the same level.

An $8mil cap for arguably the best Dman in the NHL, while a steep price, would certainly be worth it for a high revenue team.

He could very well be the kind of guy who can be elite well into his 30's, so I can't see the term being much of a turn off either.

Weber went for the money, fair enough it was his best opportunity to be set for life.

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to for Nashville or play here.

I'm tiring of all the Weber whining and right back at all the fools that blamed Gillis for not getting him.

Like Gillis said, they looked at every imaginable way to get him and concluded that Columbus would match any offer.

The good news is Columbus matched, so thank Philly for screwing it up.

Archived