The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Primerica Scam?

Suvets29

Hey guys could use some input on something that seems too good to be true, the other day I was approached at work by a customer who offered me a position at "Primerica". I had a meeting with him recently and he went on about how they're on the NY stock exchange, have the most 100k earners, and offer great opportunities. I don't have much of a background in the business however he mentioned how they're looking for people with people skills. All they require is for a 99$ background check and they're take care of licensing me etc. I've heard of World Financial Group before and believe they're a pyramid scam but the guy I met never mentioned anything about recruiting others.

Anyone heard of them or is it a scam?

From what I know, Primerica is legit. It's all commission and royalties based though I believe. If you don't have a background in busines and financial investments don't expect to make much if any money at first though. You have to build up a client list, etc. It's somewhat akin to becoming a realtor

Like the others have said it's a legit company. Been around for more than 80 years and has about 2000 employees.

It's basically life insurance and various financial products. You'd have to study for and pass exams to earn the licenses needed for that type of work. Which shouldn't be a big deal.

From what I know, Primerica is legit. It's all commission and royalties based though I believe. If you don't have a background in busines and financial investments don't expect to make much if any money at first though. You have to build up a client list, etc.  It's somewhat akin to becoming a realtor

There is a Primerica office here in Victoria that obviously was cleared out quickly the name is still on the building but it is empty lol. Its an MLM so not illegal but basically you are going to pay $99 for a job and if you're good at it I am sure you will make money if not then you will probably just lose $99 But hey its definitely no worse than buying lotto tickets.

It's not a scam unless you're the bottom guy. You will probably be trained to "recruit" others to do the same thing as your recruiter has asked of you, and the company will take care of licensing etc provided they have your $99. It filters through so that your recruiter makes a little commission off of you, the person who recruited him gets a cut, and so on and so forth. And in the same way, those that you recruit will recruit others, and you'll get a small cut of their commission.

However, it's entirely possible that you're that bottom guy, you don't recruit anyone, and they walk away with your $99.

It's a multi-level marketing scheme, although legal, it can be heavily frowned upon, and can sometimes cause alienation between you and those you try to recruit (i.e. your friends and family). If you are able to work hard at it, and don't mind pissing off a few people here and there, or find that perfect target market, you can be fairly successful.

Personally, I'm not involved in any mlm schemes, and don't plan to be. I was invited to a different mlm, and in meeting with my potential recruiter, some random guy at Starbucks ripped into us when he overheard our discussion. I know a couple that are part of Amway, and have been part of it for probably 20 years. The guy has not made ANY money from it, and has to earn his money the old-fashioned way by having a real job... he's a doctor.

Ya I've got my resume on the job sites some lady called me up about this company, I have been in the financial industry for 5 years and hadn't heard of these guys so I came home googled the company and cancelled my interview with her.Its a total legit company thats not the issue only thing is its pretty close to a pyramid scheme and alot of bs.

Archived