The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal)cgy-pit

to pit: iginla

to cgy: dupuis, cooke, morrow, 2013 1st

iginal would be a great top 6 forward to be paired with sid. he can make that team that much more deadly in there top 6

neal crosby iginla

that would be the best line in the NHL, if crosby stays healthy each of those guys can maybe be points per game players.

would that be a fair trade

a top 6 forwrd to replace iggy on calgary, a top prospect and a 1st.

dont underrate iginla he is still a great player that has been carrying the flames for a while, if he gets to play with the best player in the league he can instantly make them more dangerous.

plus NYR just got nash so iginla would equal the nash trade for the pens.

edit: i added cooke to the trade, he has shown he can be a solid contributor and has seriously cut down his penalty min. tbh i would love to get cookie back on the nucks

I might be in the minority but I think Calgary will be 2nd in the Northwest division and be the 8th seed this year. I like the Hudler signing and I think Baertschi will have a good rookie year. That team already has great goaltending and knows how to play a grinding stye of hockey. Hudler, Wideman, Baertschi will add a dynamic element to the lineup and a full year of Cammalleri will be good for them as well. Who knows what Cervenka will bring but he could be a pleasant surprise and Backlund is ready to breakout IMO. I look forward to having some spirited and meaningful games with Calgary again.

I personally think that after getting Hudler and Wideman, they are a playoff spot contender this year. But not without Iginla. Their top players are pretty solid, considering their starting line-up is

Cammalerri-Hudler-Iginla

Bouwmeester-Wideman

Kiprusoff

Archived