The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

a little of this, some of that

smedsy

P.S. Your point #1 is retarded. To say that we had/have no heart in the post-season is ridiculous. We fought tooth and nail to get to Game 7 vs Boston, and against L.A. it wasn't heart, but the mentality that we were going to steam-roll L.A. and get to the finals just like last year (plus Daniel being injured).

MG hasn't traded Luongo yet because he isn't going to trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him quickly. He'll most likely be patient and wait till the dominoes fall to get the maximum value he can for Luongo.

And only the middle two lines have chemistry problems? Last I checked the 1st or 4th line didn't do anything better. All of our lines have to play their role if we want to win the Stanley Cup.

1) So then do we have no heart in October either? Maybe the game in the playoffs changes and we don't adapt appropriately.

2) I don't really know what to say to this anymore. I agree and I disagree, as logic tells me that is unreasonable but you just don't know what really goes on in that locker room.

3) Yup, for sure.

4) Rigidity? You mean like how he rigidly juggles lines with two weeks left in the regular season? He can be stubborn but he's such a laid back coach it's unbelievable.

5) No, we have chemistry in the 3rd line and most of the D corps. The only time we saw real lack of chemistry was when Kesler thought he could be beast mode again.

6) I think he's just being politically correct to save himself and the players from the media, and consequentially, the fans.

7) Fit that in with number 3

@ Ti'Gol Bitties .... Getting to the Finals, did require a tonne of heart, but where did it go in game 7? and why didn't it appear when it became painfully obvious that they weren't going to steam roll the Kings?

@ButterBean... I understand the max value he is attempting to get for Lu, but what would be wrong with a straight across trade? Rather then trying to get several players, why not one? I haven't read anywhere, other then one post about Bolland that there were any one for one trades on the table..maybe I haven't found the right write up yet....

@LordofBrussels.....Maybe rigidity was a poor choice of a word, you described it adequately with stubborn I believe

For your #2 the reason the team plays so much better in front of schneider is that he is always so calm in net and has composure under pressure from the opposition and us fans. You don't see that from Luongo, everyone I talk to never feels safe when he is in net. If the puck is behind the net you are terrified it will go off his back and in and if there is a rebound everyone knows Lu is on his stomach while Cory would be on his knees in position. Simply put, the team has chosen Schneider as their starter. He radiates confidence while the latter doesn't.

Good day CDC.

I have been thinking about these canucks of ours... what are their core problems?

1) No heart in the post season

2) apparent refusal to play the same game for all net minders

3) Us, the fans

4) AV`s coaching styles rigidity.

5) seemingly no team chemistry (aside from the Sedin magic with everyone)

6) MG over/under valuing players

7) last but not least, the management refuses to listen to all of us armchair GM`s and our superb and flawless ideas.......

That is a few of the problems IMO, but i thought I would throw this out there and see who amongst us agrees with me. The whole heart issue in the playoffs is I believe, self explanitory.

Why, since Cory started playing a regular role in the net, have the Nucks failed to play the same game at the same high level for Lu that they do for Cory? I cannot think of any examples off hand to support my theory, but I am more then sure that there are several out there who can.

Third point.... US..... why is it that we can never ever ever ever ever ever ever be happy, or even semi content with the teams that management can put on the ice for us? Why must we flame every part of the organisation because we woke up and our pillows were covered in sweat? Throwing the players under the bus on a daily basis because they lose games..... You ever lost anything? I know I have... We could have maintained the single best one two pinch in the league between the pipes, but because Cory went in net in the playoffs, why keep Lu? He is useless and never done anything good for us some say., I disagree... Yes he has been and will likely always be known for his slow starts and soft goals, but he has worked wonders for us as well. These players are only human after all, and I may be young, but I still have yet to meet an infallible human being.

AV----- does he not watch tapes of the games? why continue to do something that fails constantly because this time, it might work like it did before, i.e. drop pass on pp breakout ....

I read a thread about this exact point a while ago, so i know that my point is not mine alone....

The line juggling drives me nuts too, I understand the need for it from time to time, but can anyone tell me ,barring injuries and call ups, how long our lines were set at any one point in the season? One game maybe two?

Why do the middle 2 lines have no chemistry? the first and fourth have good chemistry probably 80 % of the time.... but beyond that, there are players constantly trying to do it all by themselves, be it forwards or defense.... Tooo many mistakes when they attempt this... I don`t want to get too in depth on this topic.... it could take forever....

MG.....Value.... I believe that the values MG is throwing on his players is too much, or too little. If Lu truly wants out, get something for him, don`t give him away but take something.... What about Lupul straight across? I believe I read something about Burke being willing to move him the other day or Versteeg even... just get someone moving so that they can get over here and gel with the team a little bit...

The last point needs no explanation at all... put there to possibly have someone LOL

Cheers

The reason I and probably most fans are not content with this team is because....We dont have even one Stanley Cup. After 42 years, not even one! The thing is we dont even have a bad team, we have a very good team and we were so close two years ago, now it seems we are farther away. By that I mean, teams around us appear to be improving and we aren't really. Personally I am frustrated as I am sure many others are.

As for the Cory and Lu thing. Cory has shown to be superior to Luongo in pretty much every aspect of the game, Luongo is no longer necessary. The team does not need a one-two punch in net unless the rules change and they can both be in at the same time. That probably wont happen, so why have 5.33M sitting on the bench? Neither one of the goalies would be happy with that situation anyway and then guess what happens, the dressing room gets cancer.

The best move Gillis could make IMO would be to ship Luongo out ASAP. Dont be patient trying to get an amazing return because it most likely wont happen. Why would a team give up quality players and or picks for an aging declining goalie whose current team obviously doesn't want anymore?

<p><p>

Good day CDC.

I have been thinking about these canucks of ours... what are their core problems?

1) No heart in the post season

2) apparent refusal to play the same game for all net minders

3) Us, the fans

4) AV`s coaching styles rigidity.

5) seemingly no team chemistry (aside from the Sedin magic with everyone)

6) MG over/under valuing players

7) last but not least, the management refuses to listen to all of us armchair GM`s and our superb and            flawless ideas.......

That is a few of the problems IMO, but i thought I would throw this out there and see who amongst us agrees with me. The whole heart issue in the playoffs is I believe, self explanitory.

Why, since Cory started playing a regular role in the net, have the Nucks failed to play the same game at the same high level for Lu that they do for Cory? I cannot think of any examples off hand to support my theory, but I am more then sure that there are several out there who can.

Third point.... US..... why is it that we can never ever ever ever ever ever ever be happy, or even semi content with the teams that management can put on the ice for us? Why must we flame every part of the organisation because we woke up and our pillows were covered in sweat? Throwing the players under the bus on a daily basis because they lose games..... You ever lost anything? I know I have... We could have maintained the single best one two pinch in the league between the pipes, but because Cory went in net in the playoffs, why keep Lu?  He is useless and never done anything good for us some say., I disagree... Yes he has been and will likely always be known for his slow starts and soft goals, but he has worked wonders for us as well. These players are only human after all, and I may be young, but I still have yet to meet an infallible human being.

AV----- does he not watch tapes of the games? why continue to do something that fails constantly because this time, it might work like it did before, i.e. drop pass on pp breakout ....

I read a thread about this exact point a while ago, so i know that my point is not mine alone....

The line juggling drives me nuts too, I understand the need for it from time to time, but can anyone tell me ,barring injuries and call ups, how long our lines were set at any one point in the season? One game maybe two?

Why do the middle 2 lines have no chemistry? the first and fourth have good chemistry probably 80 % of the time.... but beyond that, there are players constantly trying to do it all by themselves, be it forwards or defense.... Tooo many mistakes when they attempt this... I don`t want to get too in depth on this topic.... it could take forever....

MG.....Value....   I believe that the values MG is throwing on his players is too much, or too little. If Lu truly wants out, get something for him, don`t give him away but take something.... What about Lupul straight across? I believe I read something about Burke being willing to move him the other day or Versteeg even... just get someone moving so that they can get over here and gel with the team a little bit...

The last point needs no explanation at all... put there to possibly have someone LOL

Cheers

MG.....Value.... I believe that the values MG is throwing on his players is too much, or too little. If Lu truly wants out, get something for him, don`t give him away but take something.... What about Lupul straight across? I believe I read something about Burke being willing to move him the other day or Versteeg even... just get someone moving so that they can get over here and gel with the team a little bit...

P.S. Your point #1 is retarded. To say that we had/have no heart in the post-season is ridiculous. We fought tooth and nail to get to Game 7 vs Boston, and against L.A. it wasn't heart, but the mentality that we were going to steam-roll L.A. and get to the finals just like last year (plus Daniel being injured).

@ Ti'Gol Bitties .... Getting to the Finals, did require a tonne of heart, but where did it go in game 7? and why didn't it appear when it became painfully obvious that they weren't going to steam roll the Kings?

@ButterBean... I understand the max value he is attempting to get for Lu, but what would be wrong with a straight across trade? Rather then trying to get several players, why not one? I haven't read anywhere, other then one post about Bolland that there were any one for one trades on the table..maybe I haven't found the right write up yet....

@LordofBrussels.....Maybe rigidity was a poor choice of a word, you described it adequately with stubborn I believe

Oh, sweet Jeebus.

Get someone, not nothing, but don't give him away, but get someone, more than nothing...

If you have no suggestions, and no idea what's going on behind the scenes, how can you criticize? What it the "something" he's being offered is Komasarik, straight up? That's something, all right.

A word of advice: you can't trust what you hear in the rumour mill. Just because a Twitter "insider" said it's true, doesn't mean GM is overvaluing his players and reluctant to make a deal. I mean, seriously, does this even need to be explained to you???

I'll give you this - point number 3. I think you just proved it with your post.

Archived