Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boston-Anaheim, Anaheim-Toronto

Trade 1

To Boston: Ryan

To Anaheim: Krejci, 2nd

Trade 2

To Toronto: Getzlaf

To Anaheim: Lupul, Kadri, Reilly, 1st

I think this fills all three teams needs and Toronto can target someone else to play wing from free agent market to replace Lupul. Might need to add more on the toronto trade but don't know who.

Now you've gone too far the other way. It's not fair for Toronto. I don't remember your original proposal but I know you took off Komisarek and added Reilly. The difference between those 2 is huge. BB has gone on record saying he would've taken Reilly even if he had the 1st pick overall (yah right) but that's how highly he thinks of him. TO is not gonna compete for the cup anytime soon so giving up so many young quality assets for Getzlaf makes lil to no sense for them.

yes it does hurt his trade value if you have a poor season. plus hes a UFA after next year so he would be a rental player. hes in the same boat as edler you dont get as much for a player because they might skip out on you in free agency

Weber was set to be a UFA next summer, did that hurt his value? Nashville was still asking a lot for his RFA rights, and the 14 year $110M offer sheet wasn't chump change.

Where the UFA status becomes an issue is closer to the trade deadline. You only have a short time to impress the player and hope he comes back. If you can get a pending UFA the summer before their contract is up, you have the whole year to sign them and you aren't focused on a playoff run like you would be after the deadline.

Archived