The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Team As A Canuck Fan Do You Like The Least (From A Rival Standpoint)?

ConnorFutureGM

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boston for sure, dirtiest team in the league. They can dish out dirty hits all they want, but when someone makes a clean hard check on their player they all jump the guy. And when someone really does make a dirty hit, they go cry about it to the media. They call out other teams for dirty plays, diving, and whining even though they do it themselves.

Chicago is a close second, but the hate's kind of died down a bit ever since the guys like Buff, Eager, and Burish left. I even have a lot of respect for some players such as Toews. Of course I still hate Duncan Keith with a passion, but that's more of an individual thing. Chicago-Vancouver is just a good, fun, intense hockey rivalry.

Chicago. We've had too many instances not to hate them.

The only reason I didn't choose Boston, is because I wouldn't consider them a true rival. More a team we all hate because they legitimately are the most dirty team in hockey right now. They play dirty, and often deliberately make reckless and dangerous plays that lead to injuries. How many injuries came from Boston compared to every other team in the past two seasons. Especially when you compare that to the Canucks. The only suspensions that have happened to us were Torres and Rome, and we let go of Torres after that season, and Romes hit wasn't intentionally dirty (or even that late compared to some of the hits in that series).

But that being said, Chicago is my most hated rival. They have players who are genuine douchebags, such as Bolland, Carcillo, and Kane, and have a fanbase that have a lot of arrogant pricks who like to harass us. The Keith hit on Sedin also solidified my hate. That was a deliberately dirty hit.

But we all know why hate Chicago, right?

BLB.jpg

Vancouver should change its name to the "David Booth: Bear Hunters", I'm really not fond of the Bruins... their classless organization, exemplified by last year's management's defense of their classless players' classless actions, and that classless commentator of theirs (something Edwards) with that biased commentating just ticks me off...

AINEC

For good teams I like/ respect the Kings (for their depth and skilled size), the Sharks (good core of talented players), Minnesota (with Parise, Suter, Granlund, Koivu, Backstrom... they have a strong team), the Preds (strong team built from drafting and shrewd moves) and the Oil (they may build with the first pick but they have some strong players there). Also respect Chicago (with Carcillo gone and the dragon slain I respect Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook but not Keith for his high hit on Danny).

The rest are meh.

Boston for sure. Players are dirty and out to intimidate and hurt instead of play the game. Congrats on having an epic goal tender who made you all look good. I couldn't stand Boston before the SCF now its x10. The fans are ridiculous too.

Nashville is an awesome organization, like the canucks.

Boston. Dirty team that gets away with playing dirty.

However, LA is starting to piss me off with their cockiness and the lack of class (players and the organization itself - see their twitter account for example)

Chicago at least is respectable because many of their players are actually talented and not all of them play dirty.

Most definitely Boston. Their fans are just as bad as the team.

The thing that sticks out to me the most was when Rick passed and I was reading some comments from Bruins fans actually celebrating his death rather than passing on condolences. I get being a diehard sports fan, I get hating your rival, but that just crossed the line.

Boston. The emotions are still too high from the Cup Final. They're also the dirtiest team I have ever seen. The Cup Final had so many incidences that went unpenalized, and ultimately, I think that's what got to everyone. The Marchand-Salo incident only strengthened my hatred for the team.

Also, compared to Boston, I consider Chicago classy.

i picked calgary is one of our oldest and its our division.

2 would be boston them effers

3 chicago is intense to watch! i like watching these two fly at it. and i grew to dislike these guys really quick pretty soon im gonna hate them more than i hate calgary cuz cmon calgary can beat any1 anyway!!!

I don't get how boston is our rival. We barely played them. One scf and we're rivals 5ever. Everything with NYR cooled down after, and i don't see this boston vancouver rivalry going anywhere. Chicago is most definitely our rival. We play them a lot. Three straight years against them in the playoffs. Duncan keith's hit on daniel. come on guys.

Don't be butthurt over losing to boston.

Archived