The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Al Pacino

You guys are talking about a guy who, up until recently, had only been known as the dad from Malcolm in the Middle in a thread about greatest living actors of all time.

de niro in his prime > pacino in his prime

i can't remember the last movie either were in that i was even remotely interested in. both actors have spent two decades cashing in on their names and images. what a shame.

jack nicholson, on the other hand, is still doing the occasional great movie, and is the infinitely more interesting, and consistently great actor. for that reason, he's got my pick for greatest living actor

scarface is a legitimately bad movie that young people pretend to like because it romanticizes the thug life they want to lead

and as far as acting goes, it's basically the beginning of the end for pacino. he's been doing those "shouting" roles ever since

Who thinks he's the greatest actor living today? I mean come on, hes a legend. He can sure show clooney, and pitt how to act. Hes an excellent actor who doesnt get recognized for how many great movies he made. Like scarface, godfather, serpico, etc.

Archived