The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Sunday Summer reading. Pat Kane and Alex Semin.

bigpush

I just finished reading a couple of articles from " The REAL Hockey News" http://realhockeynews.com/

and I thought I would share them.

the first one focuses on Kane

http://realhockeynews.com/2012/07/29/patrick-kane-would-give-it-all-up-if-he-could-just-have-a-drink-in-peace-dammit/

Chicago Blackhawks star forward Patrick Kane is fed up.

“Everybody just needs to chill the (expletive) out,” he said, while sitting in a bar having a beer. “I’m having a beer, ok? What am I some kind of bad guy? Do I need to go to a pre-school and apologize or something?”

The 23-year old who scored the Stanley Cup winning goal for the Blackhawks in 2010 sat down with The Real Hockey News to vent his frustration about his well-publicized drunken incidents, including his infamous punching of a cab driver in Buffalo and, more recently, his attendance at a University of Wisconsin college party in which several pictures were taken of an inebriated Kane partying with co-eds and getting kicked out of bars.

“The cab thing was a (expletive for “penis”) move, I admit. But come on – I go to a college party and now the hockey media has to treat me like Lindsy friggin’ Lohan?” Kane said. “I’d tell you what would be a good story – if I was a 23-year old millionaire champion athlete and I didn’t party once in a while. That would be news!”

Kane added: “Would you trust a guy like that? I sure wouldn’t. That would be a weird dude. That would be a bad influence on kids. Not me. If anything, I inspired a few kids to go to college because that party was awesome! When was the last time you saw Sidney Crosby at a college? Right, that’s what I thought.”

for the rest of the article check the link.

Here is another explaining why Semin only signed a 1 year deal.

http://realhockeynews.com/2012/07/28/heartless-semin-signed-one-year-contract-because-he-was-too-lazy-to-sign-multi-year-gms-say/

Good entertainment for another slow Hockey day.

He's right. I know he tried to compare himself to Crosby, but he doesn't have to reach that far. Teammate Jonathan Toews seems like a no-fun drone by comparison. However, 29 out of 30 gm's would still take Toews or Crosby over Kane, disregarding playing ability.

Kane is and always will be a punk.

He's right. I know he tried to compare himself to Crosby, but he doesn't have to reach that far. Teammate Jonathan Toews seems like a no-fun drone by comparison. However, 29 out of 30 gm's would still take Toews or Crosby over Kane, disregarding playing ability.

Kane is and always will be a punk.

Who wrote this?

Alot of it seems kinda far fetched.

Kane is a punk but I mean come on, he's more professional than that.

Same with the Semin thing.

"I tried to wake him up in the talks but he just drooled all over himself"

I call BS, alot of parts from these stories are probably over dramatized or just made up.

Archived