The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Going to the states in a new car

EoH

Alright so I'm planning to go to the states in my new BMW 2012 335i sport I recently bought. However, my concern is that with all the highway driving will debris scratch the coating of my car? So I was just wondering if it does scratched, what location of the car will likely be scratch, is there a way to lessen/prevent the scratches, and if so how much are likely the repairs?

I'm also wondering does my BMW has some sort of clearcoat I been reading about on cars.

Forgot to say I'm going to Portland.

Thanks in advance.

never understood people who buy vehicles and then are afraid of getting it scratched or dirty. Face it, its going to get scratched and dinged, and there is really F all you can do about it.

As for the attention whore of an OP, no one cares that you bought an overpriced piece of crap. Besides it's probably the bank or dealership that really owns the car, even though I am sure you will be paying a good sum of money to "pretend" you own it.

never understood people who buy vehicles and then are afraid of getting it scratched or dirty. Face it, its going to get scratched and dinged, and there is really F all you can do about it.

As for the attention whore of an OP, no one cares that you bought an overpriced piece of crap. Besides it's probably the bank or dealership that really owns the car, even though I am sure you will be paying a good sum of money to "pretend" you own it.

It's not a crap car. I'm not a BMW fan boy. I don't own one and never plan on it. If you feel cars are bad investment, especially luxury cars, (Let's face it, they are) you're entitled to that opinion. But to pretend that a BMW is bad vehicle just you wouldn't purchase one comes across as ignorant. I could even go as far as saying it makes you sound a little jealous.

Archived