The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We contend as we are.

O'Swaggarty

Daniel is a super elite passer and Kesler does not even seem to have a B button, but for those who will insist the following lines can shift #17 to center and Daniel to right.

Luongo will attract a sweeter return closer to the deadline and we may be more sure of our shorter positions a t that time as well.

18 minutes

Booth Dank Kesler A / Kassian B

w Garrison Edler

18 minutes

Burrows Hank Hansen

w Ballard Tanev

16 minutes

Higgins Lappy Kassian A /Kesler B

w Ham BXa

8 Minutes

Raymond Malhotra Pinizzotto

w Ham BXa

Bobby and Cory

This is my first post so... Let me have it!

Daniel doesn't even play center... does he? >> Also he's not a great playmaker like Henrik is.. he's a shooter.

Hank, `The best passer in the game` sees Dank as the best passer. Henrik has proven that he can be even more offensive when he is not solely thinking pass. It is possible that when separated whether you want to look at it as facing adversity or taking away their security blanket, they just may grow into more diverse men.

never split up the twins theyre to deadly together, throw in booth or burrows with them and were laughing, rest of the lines are usually equal just need to see if garrison had one good season or if he is actually going to establish himself as a consistent d man like the rest of the boys.

Why would you not exploit their telepathic connection? Thats like knowing the winning lotto numbers and then picking something else. The twins have spent their entire careers together building chemistry, would be so foolish to split them up. If its not broken don't fix it.

never split up the twins theyre to deadly together, throw in booth or burrows with them and were laughing, rest of the lines are usually equal just need to see if garrison had one good season or if he is actually going to establish himself as a consistent d man like the rest of the boys.

The best passer on the team is the person that is scoring most of our goals??

Why is Daniel centering Kesler and Booth?? I thought Booth and Kesler were already having troubles passing instead of shooting. So you're gonna take our most consistent scoring and make him pass to 2 people that just shoot from everywhere?

Not sure if trolling

i am a little confused OP

why does ballard/tanev play with our '2nd line' .. (or 1B) - why does our top 3 lines play almost identical minutes? why is the best passer in the league with burrows and hansen? why is our selke winning centre playing wing? and our top scoring winger playing 1st line centre?

there is a lot of HUH's in this post

I agree. Too many people think that Luongo MUST be gone by the start of the season but that is not necessarily the case. So far Lou and Schneids have been nothing but professional in their goal-tending partnership and if Gillis needs to sweat some teams out to get a better return than so be it. We have the cap space and we don't really need anything at this point that can't be solved mid-season so there is no hurry.

i am a little confused OP

why does ballard/tanev play with our '2nd line' .. (or 1B) - why does our top 3 lines play almost identical minutes? why is the best passer in the league with burrows and hansen? why is our selke winning centre playing wing? and our top scoring winger playing 1st line centre?

there is a lot of HUH's in this post

I agree. Too many people think that Luongo MUST be gone by the start of the season but that is not necessarily the case. So far Lou and Schneids have been nothing but professional in their goal-tending partnership and if Gillis needs to sweat some teams out to get a better return than so be it. We have the cap space and we don't really need anything at this point that can't be solved mid-season so there is no hurry.

Random line generator v35.67

Raymond Malhotra Hansen Hamhuis Bieksa

Higgins Kesler Kassian Edler Garrison

Booth Sedin Desbiens Alberts Ballard

Sedin Lappiere Burrows Hamhuis Bieksa

1. The Sedins (peaking fairly soon here) are going to need to face weaker qualcomp if we want them to continue to score at a high level going forward. AV already puts them out in these scenarios as much as possible. We need to go even further.

2. Splitting up the twins should happen. Put them together on the power play.

3. Four even lines is a Buffalo-style offense. It works if you can populate the lines with speedy, defensively effective players.

3. Malhotra needs a rebound for this option to be possible happen.

4. Kassian also needs to improve dramatically for this to happen.

5. 3rd pair defense needs to become more reliable. Tanev improving to legit top-4 would help a lot.

6. Our weaknesses become quite apparent when you try to pull this off with our current lineup. We need a legit top-6 RW and we need a legit two-way center if we want to put ourselves into 'cup favorite' status. And we need to do that now if we want to take advantage of Sedin peak years.

I admit that this approach likely will not work because of the politics involved with (not) splitting up the twins and because we simply don't have enough quality players to make it work. One injury and it's out the window.

I am so bored.

Archived