The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Second Job Interview

FlappyLappy

Hey Guys,

So tomorrow I have a second interview for a job I really want. I have never ever had a second interview before so I have no idea what to expect.

A brief background, this job is in the accounting field it is entry level and I am going through a staffing agency to get this opportunity. I met with the Accounting department manager, and HR representative last week on my first interview. Tomorrow I am meeting with the HR manager and I have no idea what to expect.

Do I dress the same as the first interview (shirt, tie, suit jacket), do I need to be prepared to ask questions?

Any and all help would be appreciated

Make sure you do your research on the company you are interviewing at. I've found it helps a great deal not only in coming up with questions to ask but it also says that you are interested enough to actually learn more about the company.

Know stuff about the company (as I'm sure you already do) like their events and what they do outside of simply working. Try to show them that not only do your accreditations make you a great candidate but the person you are fits well into the corporate culture they've established.

Hey Guys,

So tomorrow I have a second interview for a job I really want. I have never ever had a second interview before so I have no idea what to expect.

A brief background, this job is in the accounting field it is entry level and I am going through a staffing agency to get this opportunity. I met with the Accounting department manager, and HR representative last week on my first interview. Tomorrow I am meeting with the HR manager and I have no idea what to expect.

Do I dress the same as the first interview (shirt, tie, suit jacket), do I need to be prepared to ask questions?

You're meeting with the HR manager. That means, you don't have to worry about any technical accounting knowledge. You could expect general interview questions as "Why do you want this job? Tell me about yourself. What are your weaknesses? Why should we hire you?" and so forth.

Hey Guys,

Hey Guys,

Archived