The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Jackson confirms third Hobbit movie

Bilbro Baggins

As Jackson's stated to be adding more of the story and also material from the LOTR appendices, I have no problem with 3 movies as opposed to two, or one even.

Getting to see more of that world, its characters, the tie-ins and more of what I've read over the years from childhood onward, i'm at least glad to see Jackson not worrying about length, but rather taking the time to give us the story fully and richly.

I heard that they were going to refer to the Simarlian (spl) and past battles, so really they should be exciting scenes that gives us a better picture of Middle Earth. Cannot wait for The Hobbit. The LOTR trilogy was the best of all-time, I trust Jackson will make the Hobbit fantastic and not drawn out at all. The best Director there is!

I heard that they were going to refer to the Simarlian (spl) and past battles, so really they should be exciting scenes that gives us a better picture of Middle Earth. Cannot wait for The Hobbit. The LOTR trilogy was the best of all-time, I trust Jackson will make the Hobbit fantastic and not drawn out at all. The best Director there is!

The Tolkien estate owns the rights to The Silmarillion and Christopher Tolkien despises the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so I don't believe anything from The Silmarillion will be included. Whatever is included in The Hobbit will be related to The Hobbit. Most of the events in The Silmarillion and other Tolkien lore occur way before The Hobbit.

I've always really wanted to see that battle in Mordor, you know when men/elves marched into Mordor and had that huge battle and Isildur crapped on everyone's faces?

I think the scene was in like the first one.. I would kill to see the entire battle.

I've always really wanted to see that battle in Mordor, you know when men/elves marched into Mordor and had that huge battle and Isildur crapped on everyone's faces?

I think the scene was in like the first one.. I would kill to see the entire battle.

Archived