The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Jackson confirms third Hobbit movie

Bilbro Baggins

i'd be madder if it was just 1 and done. his movies are entertaining and I love the universe. the more the better. hell, I'd be fine with a completely original 9 part series of films set in the universe as done by peter and I'd gladly pay for every single one.

The thing is, I do think they'll be terrible. Or at least, not nearly as good as how much money they'll make.

All they care about is making it super glitzy and epic as dragged out as possible. They spend so much time with gimmicks such as 3D and 48 fps, and the reviews are not good so far: http://www.eoshd.com...bbit-disappoint

It doesn't bother me that the studio will make a lot of money, good for them. It bothers me how people will just lap it up though.

I'm very excited for these films. I am having trouble imaging how it can be stretched to fit three feature length films, but they will of course, find a way. I am pretty confident that it will work out very well. I'm a huge Tolkien nerd and if he even comes close to achieving the visual appeal of the LOTR tril. it will be a job well done.

All I ask of Peter Jackson is that he cuts out all the dwarf jokes, and if he has the urge to make anyone ride their shields like snowboards he thinks twice.

O_o...

Assuming that this isn't the studio wanting to milk it for all it's worth, I'm still concerned that with all the side stories and background stories that the main storyline will become disjointed and thus break the immersion for me.

What a great character he was. I kinda wanted to see who would play his wife 'Goldie', or whatever her name was. The way she was described, you'd think she was a mixture of Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett, with a side order of Kate Upton.

Anyways, it was a shame that part of the book was completely skipped over. I see why it was, because it would have taken a chunk of time that they couldn't do in the 1st movie, but still, there was plenty of material there...especially towards the end of the Tom Bombadil chapter(s) with the hobbits being captured by the creepy Barrow-wights.

"Cold be hand and heart and bone,

and be sleep under stone:

nevermore to wake on stony bed,

never, till the Sun fails and the Moon is dead.

In the black wind the stars shall die,

and still on gold here let them lie,

till the dark lord lifts his hand

over dead sea and withered hand."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!

By water, wood and hill, by the redd and willow,

By fire, sun and moon harken now and hear us!

Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Woulda been neat to see. ;)

Edit - Maybe he woulda looked something like this?

Tom_bombadil.jpg

Archived