The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN-NYI ? or ANA ? Visnovsky

Lubomir Visnovsky has filed a grievousness with the NHL. He might be traded back to Anaheim or stay in NYI. http://www.sportsnet...im_ducks_trade/

I think Gillis should go after Visnovsky.

Ballard for Visnovsky

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) /------- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /------- Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) /--- Mason Raymond ($2.275m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) /------ Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) /------ Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Dale Weise ($0.615m) /-------- Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / ------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /------ Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) /--------- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) /------Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.600m) /---Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /---- Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,493,333; BONUSES: $310,000

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $16,667

I thought he would have a good year this year after leading defensemen in points the previous year, I was mistaken.

I think his best years are behind him, I don't see him hitting 50 points again, so I would rather just keep Ballard, he has a better defensive game and we save the cap space.

i agree best years are behind him but i think visnovsky is way better then ballard. ballard is a 5/10 and visnovsky is a 6.5/10

I disagree when you think ballard is a savings....I'm saving the aqualini's some money....

-hes only owed a 3 million dollar salary his contract was front loaded but when it comes to cap hit its 5.6.........

- end of the day visnovsky will cost the canucks 5.6 million cap hit and ballard is still a 12.6 million dollar cap hit over 3 years

The Aqualini's have ton's of money, I'm saving us some cap room, which is so important. Considering you were complaining about Ballard's cap hit then you want to add an aging defensmen who has a high cap hit.

And just because Visnovsky is better offensively doesn't mean he is better, Ballard is better defensively, he can hit much better and is more reliable.

Not to mention Visnovsky is undersized, and yes Ballard is too but he can handle it, for a guy like Visnovsky who is offensive it is much more of a burden, plus he is somewhat injury prone.

At this point all I see in him is a powerplay QB who is aging, and I'm fine with having Edler and Garrison, on our PP not to mention the Sedin's controlling everything.

I'll just keep Ballard and that reliable Ballard - Tanev pairing.

:picard: visnovsky's career stats .58 points per game with a +32 rating and 3 all star games plus he led the league 2 years ago

:emot-parrot: Ballards career stats .32 points per game with a -1 rating and 0 all star games and led the league in nothing

i think u have a man crush on ballard

or maybe or just some kid who doesnt know any better yet

:picard: visnovsky's career stats .58 points per game with a +32 rating and 3 all star games plus he led the league 2 years ago

:emot-parrot: Ballards career stats .32 points per game with a -1 rating and 0 all star games and led the league in nothing

i think u have a man crush on ballard

or maybe or just some kid who doesnt know any better yet

Visnovsky is an offensive defensmen!!!

:picard: Of course he will have better stats.

Really like stats don't determine everything, Ballard is much better than Visnovsky defensively, yes Visnovsky is better offensively but that's the only area, Ballard is better in every other way, I think if he wasn't on our team he would be the exact same player he was in FLA.

He just had a tough time here, one bad season and suddenly he's terrible, I don't see it. Visnovsky had a Worse season,m he dropped from 68 points to 27, so if we used the same logic for Visnovsky that we did for Ballard then Ballard would be considered better wouldn't he?

Yes I do think they would give up a high 2nd rounder.

Visnosvky isn't the player he once was, yes career wise his stats are far better but like I said now I would take Ballard.

Archived