The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 Players your are excited to see play next season

Peaches

my 5 are

1. Mason Raymond. I want to see how he responds this up comming season. If he can put 2 disapointing seasons behind him and regain his 20-25 goal form.

2. David Booth. I want to see what a full training camp anf a healthy season does for him. And if he can put "Beargate" behind him.

3. Ryan Kesler. If he can rebound from a disapointing season and regain a 35-40 goal form. And to see if the organization makes the same mistake they made last year letting him decide. You know he'll play hurt if you let him.

4. Garrison. I want to see if he'll be able to fill the void left by Salo. Not just offensively but defensively. Salo was underrated defensively in my opinion.

5. Cory Schneider. If he can take the number 1 job by the horns and show he can handle the pressure that it comes with.

6. (I lied) Zach Kassian. If Mike Gillis is right about him and that he can be that power forward impact player we need for a long post season.

canucks:

schneider (first year as starter)

sedins (below avg production last year)

kesler (return to form/fully healthy)

booth (30 goals potential)

kassian (full year of training under his belt)

garrison (one year wonder?)

ballard (will prove the haters wrong)

league:

yakupov

parise

suter (no weber)

weber (no suter)

nash

schultz

staal brothers

crosby (if fully healthy)

luongo!!

Pinizotto - Due to the fact to what he brings to the table, as well seeing that video of him laying Glencross out was unreal.

Tanev - His all around game play has got me amped, the way he preforms and how he plays so composed so young, really entices me to watch as many Canuck games as I can, we need more defense like him who play with little mistakes.

Garrisson - Awaiting to see how he does on a top power play unit with the Sedins, and awaiting to see if is bomb compares to Salo's

Kassian - After hearing him being in shape this off season and gaining more speed, I most exciting to see more of his gritty hard hits, as well with his hands, I'm pushing for him this season.

Connauton - I reallly reallly hope he plays well in training camp and excel's, he has a bomb from the point, having two explosive shots from the point on both PP units would just make our power play that much better, as well if Ballard gets dealt, it would open up a spot for this kid, people say he's not quite ready yet, but i believe he has all the attributes to solidify a starting job here.

Dark horse: Ballard - I see him finding his way with us finally, I just hope he plays more and get the playing time he deserves.

The rest of the league.

Malkin

Quick

Ryan Murray

Jordan Staal

Semin

on the nucks

Garrison

Luo or Schnides still not convinced Luo won't be in van next season after all the Schnider tire pumping that is going on.

Schroder I have always thought he looked better than Coho on the ice now I guess we will see.

Pinner I was excited to see what he could do last season I hope he can be healthy for this one.

Hansen. MMMMMMbop is gonna go platinum this season.

Malhotra and Raymond equally 2 of my fav players on the team coming off rough seasons after sustaining injuries in the cup run I expect they will be back better than we have ever seen them or they will no longer be on the team. Or in the nhl.

In the league

Ovie he's got sumthin to prove again

Raffi Torres is his career over or can he adapt like Cooke?

Suter Parise brilliant move or will they poop the bed?

The LA kings one hit wonder or are they really that good?

Brian Burke will he be fired or will the leafs make the playoffs?

Kassian - Hopefully with a bigger role next season (AV, I'm looking at you). I hope he gets some top 6 minutes if he performs well, and hopefully he doesn't shy away from huge hits, because he can certainly land them.

Garrison - Like most, I was overjoyed when we acquired him. He has great pressure to perform well here so hopefully he lives up to our expectations of being a reliable defenseman while unloading that rocket of a shot. Please be our new Sami!

Schneider (given that Luongo is traded): He will now finally be playing as a starter, it'll be interesting to see if he plays well under pressure like we all expect him to and it will be beaten to death throughout all of next season whether it was the right choice or not.

Kesler - After a setback of a season, and hopefully no rush to the line-up this season (although reports are saying he'll be ready.... sigh Kesler take a break will you), I hope that he plays a bigger role for the Canucks like in the 10-11 season. Oh and uses his team-mates more, and dives less.

Schroeder: He'll have to play a pretty big role here, if he's going to fulfill 2nd line duties. Hope he can make the jump and show us what he's got.

Schneider- Great goalie but the pressure may or may not effect his play. Hasn't played many games in recent years, will be interesting to see how he responds to playing more games.

Kassian- So much potential can't wait to see him develop into a mean power forward that can put the puck in the net.

Malhotra- Hoping for a bounce back year and a return to pre-injury form, he was a great 3rd line centre.

Booth- Want to see him get some chemistry going with Kesler and put up 30 goals, which isn't un-realistic.

Tanev- Been an awesome bottom pair D-man when in the line-up. I want to see him keep developing and play more games this season.

Honorable Mention: Luongo, Pinizzotto, Ballard, Raymond, Kesler, Garrison

Ballard. Always liked him, hopefully he is fully healthy and can show the haters what he is about.

Tanev. No explanation needed.

Kassian. With some real time with the organization and his weight cut I'd like to see what he can do.

Bieksa. Has been my favorite player since his rookie season.

Hansen. Love his intensity!

Garrison - Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Pumped to see that this guy is wearing our jersey.

Ballard - Last season he slowly climbed out of the dog house and turned his play around. I'm hoping this season he can solidify himself as a strong presence, even if only on the third pairing.

Booth - Had a down year due to three reasons in my opinion. New team, injuries (can't fault a guy for taking a knee on knee), and struggling linemates. This season I expect him to find some confidence, and use his body to score and hit as he showed flashes of last season.

Schroeder - A rookie who looks like he may get a shot, even if temporary, at centreman duties. I'm hoping that he can prove that he is ready at the NHL level.

Kassian - Another player discussed to death. Hope to see him break out this season, and continue his physical dominating with soft hands powerfoward play that he has shown potential for.

*Honourable mention* Pinizzotto - While he doesn't look like he will do much more than make the fourth line, and even that he has a lot of competition for, I was excited after last preseason to see what he could do. He had some big hits. Unfortunately he hurt his shoulder. But I hope that he can crack the fourth line and maybe create a solid fourth line this season. Pinizzotto - Lapierre - Weise?

Archived