The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks also interested in Jason Arnott

That's where signing both Doan and Arnott would make some sense. If you have a Higgins-Kesler-Doan line, then you want Kesler facing tougher competition because they'll wear that competition down and get transition chances off of turnovers. That frees up Booth-Arnott-Hansen to play an offensive role against weaker competition.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what that would mean for Kassian's NHL impact next season but would an entire year at the AHL level be anything but a boon for him anyway? We could then include Schroeder in the Luongo deal if Tallon is so afraid to let Bjugstad go without getting a young centre in return.

We went out and got Kesler his big winger last year.

Make no mistake, If Doan was secured it is to get a big winger to play with the Twins! Sure the line with Burrows is dangerous offensively, it also has physical match up problems. Now it won't!

What Kesler gets is Burr, a natural left wing whom he shares great chemistry with. And the team now has legitimate guys on both wings for Kesler, each having scored 60 points and 30 goals as 1st line guys in their career. Everybody plays their natural position, and each line has size equalization!

Arnott makes sense because he makes sense as a 3rd line centre.

We also always had too many LW, but relied on them for lack of right side depth. Now everyone can have CDC's most requested wish; we can trade Raymond!

:bigblush:

That's where signing both Doan and Arnott would make some sense. If you have a Higgins-Kesler-Doan line, then you want Kesler facing tougher competition because they'll wear that competition down and get transition chances off of turnovers. That frees up Booth-Arnott-Hansen to play an offensive role against weaker competition.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what that would mean for Kassian's NHL impact next season but would an entire year at the AHL level be anything but a boon for him anyway? We could then include Schroeder in the Luongo deal if Tallon is so afraid to let Bjugstad go without getting a young centre in return.

Agent says that Kesler will be out till December. So do you guys think signing Arnott would make sense? He could replace Kesler on the 2nd line and have a guy like Lapierre on the 3rd line. Not just that, he also brings in size, is defensively responsible and brings in playoff experience.

I could this happening:

Line-up without Kesler:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Arnott - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Line-up with Kesler:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

I'm not sure about Doan, but put him in the line-up anyways. I really like the depth up front.

They play dfferent roles, in terms of the depth chart. That said, whether we get Doan or not, Arnott should be pursued. I thought that adding him would be perfect for the 3rd line a while ago when I saw/read the top 30 FA's on the NHL site. He has had back to back 17 goals as well as 30+ seasons. Not bad at all. Great for the 3rd line, and at times when some players may struggle, could even be added to the top 6.

Higgins-Arnott-Hansen

Thats a good 3rd line there that can score. I know Higgins has played better than most of our top last year, but having him on the 3rd line provides more depth for us.

Agent says that Kesler will be out till December. So do you guys think signing Arnott would make sense? He could replace Kesler on the 2nd line and have a guy like Lapierre on the 3rd line. Not just that, he also brings in size, is defensively responsible and brings in playoff experience.

I could this happening:

Line-up without Kesler:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Arnott - Doan

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Line-up with Kesler:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

I'm not sure about Doan, but put him in the line-up anyways. I really like the depth up front.

What I would if we got both Doan and Arnott, is get Bjugstad + Matthias for Luongo + Raymond + Tanev + 2nd, which gives Bjugstad another year to develop. Then after this season, let Arnott go and bring Bjugstad up full time. So our forwards would look like:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Matthias - Bjugstad - Kassian (massive 3rd line)

What I would if we got both Doan and Arnott, is get Bjugstad + Matthias for Luongo + Raymond + Tanev + 2nd, which gives Bjugstad another year to develop. Then after this season, let Arnott go and bring Bjugstad up full time. So our forwards would look like:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Matthias - Bjugstad - Kassian (massive 3rd line)

Archived