The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

so 15 million free cap space... I will take the best case scenario and use all your suggested salaries(lowest ones)

Hansen 2mil + Edler 5mil + Burr 4mil + Lappy 1.5mil + Higgins 3mil plus Tanev 1.5 mil = 17 million.

PLUS! on the roster you need to replace Ballard as a 3rd pairing Dman, Raymond who is top 9 forward- Malhotra as a 3rd/4th line centre who kills penalties and takes defensive faceoffs, Alberts who is first off the press box in case we dont have a miracle season and everyone on defence stays healthy for 82 games.

That will cost you another hmm, 5 mil? 4 mil if you want to load up on rookies and roll the dice... so 17 plus 5 = 22 which = 7 mil over the current cap space.

come one, would Burrows and Edler be your first choices to jetison, over say.... Raymond and Ballard? Most people say they have to leave anyways, so get your head screwed on right!!!!

The thing is, when you get a player like Doan, someone will have to sit, and then be traded. the difference between Raymond 2.5 and Doan 5 is not "that much" to handle.... relax would you?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jason Arnott ($2.875m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Derek Joslin ($0.700m)

Yann Sauve ($0.875m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Dan Ellis ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,310,000; BONUSES: $112,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,890,000

THIS IS A TEAM THAT WILL BRING THE CUP TO VANCOUVER THIS YEAR,DONT WORRY ABOUT THE NEXT YEAR WORRY ABOUT THIS YEAR.

next year we'll get rid of the overpaid plugs (raymond, ballard and Malhotra) and replace them with cheaper more 'bang for your buck' type players on their entry level contracts!

I'm talking of course of:

1) Nicklas Jensen who would already be more effective than Mason 'I belong on Disney on ice' Raymond.

2) Kevin Connauton who, I mean lets face it, can't be any worse than Keith 'livin the dream in the dog house' Ballard.

3) Brendan Gaunce who is already physically ready and mature can certainly handle 3rd line duties next year replacing the need for Manny 'I played with Gretzky ::D ' Malhotra.

All three of these young studs will be cheaper as they will be on their entry level contracts, more effective, and add much youth and energy to a Canucks team that, I mean lets face it, as of right now belongs in a retirement home. Getting rid of the plugs will then provide us the cap to resign such players as Burrows and Edler.

Problem solved.

The end...... You're welcome.

Well put! But let's not rip on Manny. He's paid his dues and he's only expected to win faceoffs; nothing more.

Also, IMO Sauve fills the spot. Third pairing, more physical and (in the very little I've seen Sauve and Connauto) more responsible in his own end... Important.

Archived