To Vancouver:

2nd round pick

----------

To Minnesota:

2nd round pick (Det)

4th round pick

Dale Weise

To Vancouver:

Kyle Brodziak (They have little cap space and now have a log jam of forwards/centers)

Clayton Stoner

---------

All depends on Detroit's desperation level but I think this is fair value.

So Before Luongo Trade

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond/Kassian

Higgins - Brodziak - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Raymond/Kassian

Volpatti

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Stoner - Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Luongo

Flame away :towel:

I figure the only way Ballard is getting traded (this year) is in a package with Luongo.

If the the desitination team has a lot of cap space (like Florida), and isn't afraid to use some of it up, a Luongo/Ballard package makes some sense. It allows for the destination team to be just a bit more playoff ready with a veteran goalie and d-man, and it allows the Canucks to get a good, young d-man prospect (amongst other things) that could play on the bottom pairing for now and hopefully move up the depth chart as the years go on.

regards,

G.

Reasons why I want Raymond gone over Ballard?

Ballard was our fastest skater last season

Raymond, well. sure you can say he was injured or still had problems skating, but I'm not ready to give up

both of our speediest guys on the team in one season

ESPECIALLY IF Schroeder is ever involved in any potential deals...........

Brodziak is way too good to be traded for picks and Weise. I don't really see the log jam of Centers either.

Koivu

Cullen

Brodziak

Konopka

looks pretty good to me, Mitchell and Powe can play C but have usually been used as wingers. There has been noise about Coyle being potentially ready but I doubt they rush him and Granlund in this season, better to let him develop since they finally have some forward depth. I also think he plays as a winger as well. I do like Stoner though and think he would be nice in our bottom pair.

Would make more sense IMO to trade

Ballard

and a pick

for Bouchard and Stoner.

we gain salary but only if Bouchard is healthy and if he is healthy I think he could be quite productive as a playmaker for Kesler, Booth. Stoner rounds out our D and if Bouchard is not healthy then we have 4 million in cap space.

Minny gains some experience on D and even if Bouchard is healthy they have enough forwards to fill his role.

Ballard is also from Min and they seem to like collecting local players.

Archived