The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are the Canucks looking at Evander Kane?

Canucks interested in Evander Kane?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's with the Lindros shot in the poll question?

Kane put on the Thrashers jersey at the draft and played for them for several years already.

If Kane had publicly stated that he would not sign with them if they drafted him, then I could see what you are getting at. Kane is a free agent. He is free to sign with whatever team he wants. It's just that Winnipeg has the right to match. I see no connection to what Lindros pulled here.

I dream of MG doing something like this. This is the type of player that all teams should target. I need to see some new life injected into this lineup. It's growing stale watching the same old team that can't get it done. Every year, management preaches patience and does very little yet expects better results. That's the definition of insanity. It's been proven that you can re-tool and remain competitive.

kane coming to van anytime soon is higly unlikley unless he outright demands a trade. winnepeg does not want to lose him under any circumstances, he is their most valuable player without a doubt.

as for the delay in the signing im not sure, maybe hes holding out for more money or maybe he wants less years beacause he becomes a UFA at the age of 25. i really doubt hes doing it beacuse he wants to be traded.

if a trade were to happen the jets would ask for kesler+ due to the recent injuries hes had along with the previous bad season. and i honestly wouldnt do it, kesler means way too much to this team to justify trading.

Would love to see him here playing with the Sedins. It would all depend if we got Doan though. If Doan doesn't come here, we'll see what we can get through trading Luongo, and if that doesn't work out to get us a top 6 forward, then I could see MG exploring Evander Kane as an option but it's highly doubtful.

Archived