The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have The Vancouver Canucks Ever Developed a Legit Superstar?

Pasific Coluseum

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

I bet crosby isnt quite as good when his other allstar linemate is out of the lineup either. And every line needs chemistry, just because the sedins have better chemistry does not exclude them from being superstars.

Most players that get drafted you can tell will be superstars right away, its not often you go many years with a below average player and they just suddenly become superstars and you dont create a superstar they are mostly all superstars before they even hit the NHL very few become a superstar randomly.

When did we see that Henrik is not as good without Daniel?

Bure and the Sedins were drafted and brought up by the Canucks.

Why are the Sedins not considered superstars? Besides Crosby, they have had the highest points post lock out.

An art ross trophy for each one gets a Hart the other gets Ted Lindsey. How many all star games.

The Sedins are superstars, they just don't act like superstars.

Sedins, Taylor, Bure, Linden, Neely, Vaive. :blink:

No... Never. :sadno:

You are ignorant. Your definition of "superstar" is generational. My guess is that you are 15 and do not understand anything about what a "superstar" really is. Fred "Cyclone" Taylor is one of the originals. He built his name and story in Vancouver.

Read a freakin' book, dude.

Bah, to you, Pasific Coluseum,. Bah, to you.

:towel::canucks:

Archived