The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Odds for the Stanley Cup in 2013

I think the NW division will be harder next season, as Minny has picked up some big pieces and Colorado and Edmonton also added some players. I think the Canucks will be in a good position to take the division again, if Garrison can be the trigger that Salo once was in years past.

People like to laugh and point fingers at Edmonton, but I am convinced their defensive issues were mostly related to sub standard coaching. They get more and more talent every year and if this Krueger gentleman can actually coach, several teams might get a nasty surprise from the Oilers.

So what, I called LA to win the cup in July last year too, because on paper they looked stacked. But there is no way you can say that when they were like 15 points out of a playoff spot half way through the season that you still didnt have a DOUBT that they maybe they would not win. Halfway through the season, I changed my mind because no matter how a team looks on paper, sometimes they just don't click. The kings had great coaching and got hot at the right time. Maybe that was strategy or maybe it was luck but there's no way they were undoubtable winners when they were out of the playoff race until the last 2 days.

Archived