The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) My idea of a hockey trade

Pears

LOL, the Hawks are not contenders at all without Seabrook. Plus our defense is way too crowded unless we throw in one of our top 4 defenseman. Hamhuis and Garrison are staying for sure. That leaves Edler and Bieksa. Edler is 1 year away from UFA so they wouldn't risk that and I doubt Bieksa is going to a team he hates.

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Edler - Garrison

would be an awfully sexy top 4 though.

LOL, the Hawks are not contenders at all without Seabrook. Plus our defense is way too crowded unless we throw in one of our top 4 defenseman. Hamhuis and Garrison are staying for sure. That leaves Edler and Bieksa. Edler is 1 year away from UFA so they wouldn't risk that and I doubt Bieksa is going to a team he hates.

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Edler - Garrison

The thing is that Chicago has other options besides Luongo, where they don't have to give up a guy like Seabrook.

It's a good thought, but I don't see it as being a possibility, since the hit to their defence would be tremendous. Doesn't matter if you have an elite netminder if everything gets to the net because of a depleted dcorps. That's not a recipe for success, as the Canucks have proven.

The thing is that Chicago has other options besides Luongo, where they don't have to give up a guy like Seabrook.

It's a good thought, but I don't see it as being a possibility, since the hit to their defence would be tremendous. Doesn't matter if you have an elite netminder if everything gets to the net because of a depleted dcorps. That's not a recipe for success, as the Canucks have proven.

I still like that Lu for Hossa deal more, it fills a need (Top 6 scoring) more effectively.

Vancouver's pretty set on D with the signing of Garrison, and Ballard's pretty good for a #5 guy. I don't see the team needing Brent.

They simply could not afford this as a hockey deal. I agree with Butterbean (and 1 or 2 others); how could Chicago give up their 225 lb stud physical D and expect to compete?

Forbidden fruit is awfully tasty to drool over but gets little accomplished...

I could see the Hossa deal making sense for them; they have plenty of other high calibre forwards. And Hossa is Samuelsson with a whole new level of speed and class, the perfect compliment to Kesler or the Twins.

Bolland was the rumoured offer. He works for me, but is nowhere near enough value. This offer is where we need to get a SERIOUS prospect included or ??? to work. Bolland does not = Lou!

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Edler - Garrison

Archived