The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) My idea of a hockey trade

Seabrook is the type of defender you grab because we have nothing like him. Too much size and physicality, like none of our current crew, even Hamhuis. Hamhuis might be better in many respects or even overall, but its hard to replace a guy who also punishes and still has the mobility.

Then make space or trades to balance the line up; perhaps the long requested Ballard trade?

Oops, here I am drooling unrealistically when I took the mickey out of the OP for doing so... :picard:

3 things wrong with this trade.

1. Thats bad for Chicago.

2. Thats bad for Canucks because they need depth up front not on defence.

3. Thats bad for Canucks again because your giving up an all star goalie and a prospect for a defensive defencemen that we have enough of.

Why not have.....

To: Vancouver

Upshall

Bjugstad

Santorelli

Theodore

To:Florida

Luongo

Raymond

Sauve

3rd pick 2012

2nd pick 2013

Thx Pcuzz B)

Stop assuming we're going to get anything of great value for Luongo, regardless of how "elite" you think he is. He is only waiving to a few teams (and maybe even just Florida) and he has to be traded... that means MG has zero leverage... that means GMs won't give up anything good.

Especially not a top D-man in the league... jesus lol.

"Here take this mentally fragile goalie nobody wants for your 40 point, two-way, rugged, mean, prime-aged D-man that can defend any team's top forwards."

XAxaV.gif

Archived