The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting to a Topics Last Page on Mobile for Dummies

pimpcurtly

I'm starting to see a lot of people on here posting needlessly to get to the last page of a multi-page topic with their mobile device. There is a way to do it without clogging up discussion.

Go into topic.....go to second page.....tap address bar......replace "30" at the end of the address with a high number(I usually use 1000000) and hit go. Voila...last page!!

I use an iphone but I assume that other devices also have an address bar as well.

If it automatically puts you to the last page it must be some cookies setting that takes you to the last post from your last visit (i.e. last read).

I tried it on my phone/tablet/phablet and the OP's method seems best.

What would be even better is if the board administrator would consider making this forum compatible with Tapatalk like so many other forums.

They take you to the oldest comment you haven't read. If it is a new topic it'll take you to the first page, first comment. If you've read it before as you were on the second page, fourth comment, it'll take you to the second page, fifth comment.

There is a time limit on this. I am not sure what it is but I know that if I don't go into a thread for a few days(ie Lions, Whitecaps), I will start at the beginning of the thread again.

I don't always want to get sent to the last page though. I do like to read through them sometimes.

I'm starting to see a lot of people on here posting needlessly to get to the last page of a multi-page topic with their mobile device. There is a way to do it without clogging up discussion.

Go into topic.....go to second page.....tap address bar......replace "30" at the end of the address with a high number(I usually use 1000000) and hit go. Voila...last page!!

I use an iphone but I assume that other devices also have an address bar as well.

Archived