The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 3 trades and 2 signings

Ok so obviously GMMG has been trying to get younger and bigger.

So,

To DET: Raymond, Alberts, 3rd round draft pick

To VAN: Helm

Det replaces the speed of helm with raymond and the wings need scoring aswell.

They get a much needed d man in alberts

And they get a pick which (knowing detroit) they could turn into a solid player in the future.

To FLA: Luongo, Schroeder

To VAN: Ellerby, Howden and 1st round draft pick

Obviously the panthers get an upgrade in net and get a solid center prospect who can be the third line center behind huberdeau and bjugstad in the future.

The canucks get bigger with ellerby and get much needed depth on d. ellerby can be a slight upgrade on alberts. The canucks get a big winger who can make the jump in a couple years and who could fit well with kesler. And finally the canucks get a first round pick in a deep draft.

To TOR: Sauve and a 2nd round draft pick

To VAN: Franson

The leafs get a d prospect to replace franson and a 2nd round draft pick in a deep draft who they could turn into a solid nhl player in the future.

The canucks get depth on d and some offense from the backend end. they also get bigger and younger.

And of course,

Sign Shane Doan to a 4 yr 24 million dollar deal

Sign Cody Franson to a 2 yr 3 million dollar deal

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($6.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Keaton Ellerby ($0.700m) / Cody Franson ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.660m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,620,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $280,000

Last time the Canucks traded a powerful top 6 forward prospect...it didn't turn out so great

And Helm doesn't really make our team bigger, just younger. I'd rather try and pry Berglund out of St.Louis with some picks and prospects we get out of a deal for Luongo.

I could see the Franson deal happening but I'm not sure why we'd want to. Leaving out the other deals we already have a solid top 6 so I don't see a spot for him as much, but then you also want to get Ellerby. Sauve and the 2nd might have more value for us than a player that would be redundant.

I don't see Detroit moving Helm for what we offer. It's too much low end and a quantity offer that doesn't replace what Helm brings for them.

I like Gaunce more than Howden at this point and we did just draft him as was pointed out. Ellerby would be helpful but I think we could look for a better return for Luongo, or at least a return in a different area rather than getting multiple, lesser options back.

I could see the Franson deal happening but I'm not sure why we'd want to. Leaving out the other deals we already have a solid top 6 so I don't see a spot for him as much, but then you also want to get Ellerby. Sauve and the 2nd might have more value for us than a player that would be redundant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived