The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

weird food question maybe?

yawn.3x

3 eggs, rolled oats, 20 grain toast, orange for breakfast

protein shake with almond milk an hour or two after

granolla bar and fruit as a later snack

a sandwich with 50 grams of natural turkey breast, and plenty of veggies and cheese in it

some fruit with plain almonds an hour or two later

another sandwich with 50 grams of natural turkey breast, and plenty of veggies and cheese in it

some more fruit with vegetables as another snack an hour or two later

0% greek yogurt with plain granolla in it an hour or two later

protein shake with almond milk an hour or two later

dinner consisting of barely seasoned chicken breast with brown or wild rice and a hefty salad

a protein shake before sleep

Do something similar, try to reduce the carbs if you're able to.

dinner alternatives could be chicken quesiadilla, brown noodle pasta, chicken or prawn stir fry, chicken salad, etc. etc.

Chicken's good.

Red meat isn't so much.

Try not to do pasta too much, and of course eat some pork / beef every once in a while, but chicken should be your "go to" meat until it get's painfully dull. Oh, and of course fish. But I don't eat that. Then consult a cooking book and go insane.

I used to have the same problem. Time was always an issue so we were eating frozen lasagnas, pizzas, chicken fingers, and so on wayy too often. At a certain point I had an aversion to all those foods.

Just a few months ago we invested in a barbeque and it has changed our life! We go down to Trader Joes in the States a lot and we get salmon burgers, turkey burgers, grain fed sausages, fresh chicken breast, etc. And of course no one does fish better than the local BC farmers so we get fresh fish and veggies and, on any given night, we'll throw whatever we have on the grill. The BBQ itself adds so much taste to the food that we no longer have to douse our meals in heavy sauces. A very light sprinkle of rosemary and lemon usually does the trick. Takes less than 30 minutes to prepare (we thaw any frozen items from the morning) and it tastes fantastic.

A friend told me to go to thrift stores and look in their books section for BBQ recipie specific books. I just got an amazing one from Value Village for only $3 and it has amazing (and very healthy) recipies that we can try.

If you're into things like that I'd definitely suggest barbeqing.

You need to be very careful about how much sea salt you use. Once you get beyond the amount needed to replenish the phosphorus, calcium, copper and potassium lost from exercising it can become detrimental.

From wikipedia: According to The Mayo Clinic and Australian Professor Bruce Neal, the health consequences of ingesting sea salt or regular table salt are the same, as the content of sea salt is still mainly sodium chloride.

Its all about balance.

.).

To the contrary, sodium is a critical component for our bodies and not consuming an adequate amount can also be detrimental (low blood-pressure, hypotremia or hyponatremia), especially for those who train and perspire a lot. If I took the Mayo Clinic's advice, I would be doing harm to my body due to how active I am personally and how much I perspire.

Archived