possible Vancouver Canucks lineup and the future

sign arnott 1 year 2.2mill

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler* Booth

Higgins Arnott Hansen

Lapierre Malholtra Weise

/Volpatti, Ebbett

*schroeder fills in for kesler while he is out

extremely deep team. secondary scoring is much more prominent in this lineup. if everybody performs up to there own potential this team can dominate on every line. sedin line is always productive. kesler line just needs to stay healthy and they can put up 50pts each. 3rd line brings scoring and checking. 4th line brings grit and checking. much more reliable than we previously had. kassian is sent to the minors to round out his game if he doesnt impress at training camp.

Bieksa Hamhuis

Garrison Edler

Ballard Tanev

/Alberts, Joslin

with garrison and edler being on a line together they can focus primarily on the offense while bieksa and hamhuis can get back to there shutdown role there so good at. ballard and tanev were playing great together near the end of the season. this would be great if ballard could get his trade value up a bit so we can get something good for him (prospects are ready to make the jump). alberts and joslin add toughness. slot them in when needed.

Schneider

Luongo

if a deal cant be reached having a tandem of schneider and luo for another season would be fine by me. they can split the games 50/50 until one of the 2 gets traded. if gillis gets a great deal for schneider he will take it. lou is perfectly capable of getting to the cup finals he just needs to show up this time. lollaff.giflol this would be one of the best tandems in the league, can really raise up the trade value if they play well and consistent. throughout the season teams will realize they cant compete with there current goaltending(tor, chi, tb etc...) so they will be desperate and more likely to give up more and we get more value for luo

roughly 1mill in cap space remaining

contracts expiring after next season:

Forwards:

burrows - resign 4 years 4mill per

raymond - let walk, or trade at trade deadline

higgins - resign 2 years 2mill per

arnott - let walk

lapierre - resign 2 years 1.5mill per

malholta - let walk

volpatti, ebbett, weise etc... - resign for depth under 1mill for 1 season

Defense:

edler - resign 8 years 4.6mill per, full NTC( this is the max gillis offers his d-men. he might try and sign edler for the rest of his career at this cap hit if he wants to keep him, with a full NMC/NTC, but i dont see gillis changing his system for signing d-men)

tanev - resign 3 years 1.5mill per

alberts - let walk

joslin - resign. send to minors or depth defense man.

Trades:

Ballard for picks, prospects depth guys

Luongo or Schneider( most likely luo) in a good hockey trade. no cash dump

season following will have kassian, jensen schroeder, connauton etc.. ready for NHL play

D. Sedin H. Sedin Jensen( he is a power forward with great hands and can finish, exactly what this line needs)

Booth Kesler Burrows(burr has great chemistry with kes)

Higgins Schroeder Hansen ( Schroeder has developed into a very skilled 2 way player. he can be a great fit with the defensively responsible players)

Volpatti Lapierre Kassian ( they can goon it up with the best of them)

Bieksa Hamhuis( our great shutdown pairing who can score aswell)

Garrison Edler( these guys can get 30+ pts each. great offense. good pp pairings)

Connauton Tanev( the future of the canucks defensive core. connauton has developed into an offensively gifted d-man who is still defensively responsible, while tanev is a stay at home d-man)

Schneider

Lack(our young goaltenders are our deepest asset)

I was at a van-caps game a couple years ago and raymond shut down ovechkin all night. No time. No space. He is worth keeping around for at least one more season. He broke his effing spine. Happened to me too in different circumstances. Hard to come back from. Balance issues being a big problem. He needs a big season this year. He is not the reason we lost to the kings. Kings destroyed everyone. Replace him with anyone in the league we still lose that series. This board is scapegoat central.Its gross. Support the team. Dont trash them endlessly on the internet.

I was at a van-caps game a couple years ago and raymond shut down ovechkin all night. No time. No space. He is worth keeping around for at least one more season. He broke his effing spine. Happened to me too in different circumstances. Hard to come back from. Balance issues being a big problem. He needs a big season this year. He is not the reason we lost to the kings. Kings destroyed everyone. Replace him with anyone in the league we still lose that series. This board is scapegoat central.Its gross. Support the team. Dont trash them endlessly on the internet.

No thanks to Raymond, people are suddenly giving him more chances because it is the offseason and we don't have to see him every 2nd day.

What people are forgetting is that Raymond was brutal this year and he was given non-stop top 6 minutes, the more he struggled the more icetime he got and it proved to me that he just doesn't work there.

I don't see a place for him on this team especially if Kassian is 100% ready, then I would much rather give him the chance.

If Higgins plays as well as he did last season, expect him to earn closer to 3 million, at least 2.5. A guy like Prust is earning around 2 for his type of player I'm sure Higgins can get more than that. I really hope Edler gets what you have proposed, I think he can fetch just over 5.

raymond on the 2nd line makes me uneasy, id rather have hansen or kassian on the 2nd line. and do you really think luongo will be here when the season starts? and that luongo being here is a good idea? luongo still being here when the season starts is a toxic situation waiting to happen.

No thanks to Raymond, people are suddenly giving him more chances because it is the offseason and we don't have to see him every 2nd day.

What people are forgetting is that Raymond was brutal this year and he was given non-stop top 6 minutes, the more he struggled the more icetime he got and it proved to me that he just doesn't work there.

I don't see a place for him on this team especially if Kassian is 100% ready, then I would much rather give him the chance.

YOU and most of the clones on here don't see a place for him on this team...Mike Gillis clearly begs to differ since he signed the guy to a 1 year deal. Why would you sign a guy, who has had some success with this team, only to bench him from the get-go? Not exactly the best way to get some ROI from him. If he sucks, no GM will trade for a guy with an expiring contract who is terrible. We are stuck with him for at least another year. I really can't see him playing on the 4th line either. So find some room in your fantasy lineups for him, because he will be there.

would anybody be against this roster?

note: only if kassian impresses at camp and is ready if not then never mind

trades: to van: ellerby, clemmensen, howden, 2014 1st

to fla: luongo, sweatt, 2013 2nd

luo, sweatt= howden, ellerby, 2014 1st

2nd = clemmensen

van trades a prospect who could be a 3rd line winger, a 2nd rounder and of course luo. we get a good d-man who needs a change of scenery(his contract expires next season so if he doesnt improve in a new setting we dont have to resign him, he is an rfa btw), a backup, a B+ prospect and a 1st rounder for 2014.

to van: dal 2013 2nd

to dal: ballard

we dump ballards contract, and dallas needs improvements to there blueline ballard can be a top 4 d-man in there system.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keaton Ellerby ($0.700m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Derek Joslin ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Scott Clemmensen ($1.200m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,835,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $9,365,000

love raymond or hate him he is good at checking he can be a good checking line winger who can score. higgins was a natural center before we aquired him so he can play center, and if he doesnt do well as a centerman we can always get lappy or manny in for the 3rd line center. i think kassian can play with the sedins. i truly belive he can be a top 6 player for us. only time will tell. he can protect the twins and make sure no one messes with them. he will be 22 so hes not a kid anymore he should be able to fight regular NHLers now. burrows has great chemistry with kes so putting them on a line together might ignite that line. i think ellerby can be better than ballard has been for us plus he doesnt come with a bad contract like ballard. tanev will be a starter for the rest of the season. alberts and joslin can switch in and out if there are injuries or a need for added toughness to our defense. so what do you think? also we have 9mill in cap space so we can make trades and do stuff to make the team better and we will be able to resign guys for next eyar

Archived