The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - CLB

CLB: Booth

VAN: Dubinsky

Cap hits and stats are similar.

Booth - 6', 212 lbs. Drafted 2004 [53rd] 365GP 103G 93A 196PTS 159PIM

ASSETS: Has speed to burn. Can put up points and is ultra aggressive on the forecheck. Also boasts a nose for the net. Works very hard and is good in the corners. Can play on either side of center. gif.gifFLAWS: Concussions are still a concern with him, especially since he has a bad habit of keeping his head down in dangerous areas of the ice. Isn't a natural setup man. Lacks game-to-game consistency. gif.gifCAREER POTENTIAL: Speedy scoring winger.

---------------------------------------------

Dubinsky- 6'1, 210lbs. Drafted 2004 [60th] 393GP 81G 132A 213PTS 457PIM

ASSETS: Is defensively responsible and a capable two-way forward. Scores big goals and does whatever his team needs to win. Has leadership qualities and decent size. Can play center and wing. gif.gifFLAWS: Is lacking in offensive consistency, so he must start avoiding prolonged scoring slumps. Also needs to avoid taking bad penalties that can hurt his team, since he's needed on the ice. gif.gifCAREER POTENTIAL: Quality, versatile two-way forward.

I Wouldn't give up on Booth just yet. He never had a full training camp with us. He was just starting to get things together until he got Injured. Now be in Scott Howson shoes for a second here. You just traded one of your top assest in Rick Nash for Dubinsky. Why would you turn around and trade him. How does that trade help Columbus?

I was surprised with the proposal.

Jaw Dropped at some of the early responses.

I think Booth is a bit more valuable than Dubinsky, I would love to have Dubinsky but not at the price of Booth, that wouldn't fix anything that would just create another hole that would cost us more to fill.

CBJ would probably rather have Booth, but due to there need for a center they would have 2nd thoughts about it, and I dont think it makes sense for us.

No thanks.

Archived