The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Cgy-Det

Pears

Calgary wants to unload Bouwmeester and Detroit is apparently interested in him. I thought this would help both teams needs nicely

To Calgary: Danny Cleary + Jakub Kindl + 2013 1st and/or 2013 2nd

To Detroit: Jay Bouwmeester

Thoughts?

Pretty good, can't help but feel like it's missing something. Calgary would want a young defender back, and they wouldn't get someone like Smith so Kindl's a good second option. A 3rd and Cleary might be good on top, although Detroit is a little thin on the left side as a result. If Calgary wanted to push for the 1st, they could include someone like Akim Alu, who has some work to do but has the size Detroit is missing a bit from the forward prospects.

I highly doubt Calgary will take on another aging vet like Cleary...

The Flames have an overabundance of wingers in the depth chart and are pretty bare now with Jokinen taking flight to Winnipeg.

Yes Calgary signed Roman Cervenka but he is unproven, and Jiri Hudler IMO is not strong at that center position and is much more suited at wing. Cammerleri is not a true center and is a better player on the right wing, Backlund still needs experience and probably wont play on the top line and Matt Stajan goodness we all know is pretty much damage goods in this point in his career...

So my guess is Calgary wont even consider a deal unless a center is coming back and my guess the guy they are eyeing is Valteri Fillpula.

He fits the bill, he is a slick playmaker who has had 2 years experience playing alongside two elite centers in Datsyuk and Zetterberg, at age 28, hes stepping into his prime and his 66 points last year maybe the tip of the iceberg, quick feet and friendly cap hit of 3 mil for another season

everything else is probably a prospect and lower draft pick

So I could see this deal going down as

Calgary recieves

Fillpula

Nyquist

3rd

Detroit can take the blow of Fillpula going based on centers like Cory Emmerton, Calle Jarnkrok, Marek Tvrdon, and Riley Sheahan upcoming. Nyquist although the next upcoming offensive stud for Detroit, the Redwings have a plethora amount of skilled wingers such as recently drafted players like Frk, Jurco,Pulkkinen and Jan Mursak

Detroit recieves

J-Bo

Archived