The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Van-Nyi

to NYI: Luongo + Raymond + Higgins

to Van: Niederreiter + 1st (2013)

I hate to lose higgins, but being from the NY Area, fans would love him, and the team would definitely benefit from a character utility winger like him. Raymond would be in a no-pressure situation like grabner and might flourish in the open system. Luongo gives them the goaltending they've always craved (I know they have dipietro signed forever, but they Luongo solves their goaltending issue until he retires!)

With El Nino on our wing...him kassian jensen and booth make for some sizeable wingers in a top-6 role.

2013 will be a deep draft year, and 1st rounders will be valued highly from it (similar to 2003/2008...every 5 years seemingly, eh?)

I kinda like it, trading Higgins is fine to me, if somehow we could switch Niederitter to Strome I would be very happy but I would be fine with Nino too.

Does NYI need Lu is the only thing, they have Nabokov and Dipietro (probably spelt that wrong) who are not great but get the job done and with those two aswell as a few young guys like Poulin and that Swedish guy, I'm not sure if Luongo is someone they really have interest in.

I do like the idea though.

It gives us a nice prospect, a good pick and prevents a log jam of wingers, and it would give Kassian, Nino or Jensen a chance.

So yeah I really like the idea.

Archived