The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 All-Star game.

zombieksa

I have a couple questions to ask CDC, looking for opinions.

1. With Rick Nash finally being traded, who from the Columbus Blue Jackets can actually be considered "all-star" material and play hometown representative at the games? Generally speaking the all-star host franchise has more than 1 player in the games, and I have a hard time finding anyone on the roster worthy of a spot. Last year they could have maybe gotten away with Nash and Carter (undeservedly), but this year they have no real superstar players.

2. What Canucks do you think will make it? Do you think any new players will make the rosters?

Personally I hope Bieksa and/or Burrows are able to make it this year, and I think Bieksa may have even go snubbed last year..

Just asking, long off-season, you guys know.

We could have a few actually if they play up to their potential. The Sedin's, Kesler (unlikely because of injury), Burrows, Edler, and potentially Schneider.

Side note, does the all-star weekend still take place if there's a lockout?

We could have a few actually if they play up to their potential. The Sedin's, Kesler (unlikely because of injury), Burrows, Edler, and potentially Schneider.

Side note, does the all-star weekend still take place if there's a lockout?

Whoever is captain of the team will make it, along with a player that is doing reasonably well. Johnson, Wisniewski, Mason, and Umberger have a chance to make it.

As for us, it'll be the Sedins, and maybe Edler or Bieksa if they have a good amount of points by then.

Doubtful, they like to circulate players in the all-star game year to year, and their dip in production last year may be a reason for them to be skipped. If they come out on fire this season than maybe.

I see one of our top 4 D to get the nod, depending on who has the best overall numbers, more weighted on point production of course.

Schneider will get the nod IF he continues to play like his last two seasons.

Burrows is a long shot, and I believe Kesler's injury will put him out of the running.

Personally I would love to see Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Schneider..

Archived