The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Van-Fla

To Vancouver:

Jonathan Huberdeau, 2013 1st, Shawn Matthias

To Florida:

Roberto Luongo, Chris Higgins, 2013 2nd

Before the Flamers get off about how "Huberdeau is a dealbreaker" - I remind you all that ANYONE can be traded. Gretzky was...and if you look at Bobby Ryan being on the market, Nash being moved, Kovalchuk being traded to the devils...anyone can be moved.

Why Vancouver does this:

It gives Vancouver a future A-level prospect Centerman who they don't have to rush behind Hank/Kesler. It also gives us a 1st round pick in a very deep draft year which has been likened to those of 2003/2008.

Why Florida Does this:

Florida gets an elite goaltender who has been top-3 post lockout, and will help solidify the panthers bid for a playoff spot for years to come. Playing behind Gudbranson/Campbell/Weaver/Jovo/Kulikov will be fine, they have a first line which has proven chemistry. They will now be able to mirror the big moves made by the canes/caps as well, and keep pace with a division that veritably improved.

it sure is entertaining when someone has a few, and floats a proposal like this. huberdeau will NOT be part of the return for luongo!! we all saw how columbus got hosed in the rick nash deal, and ive made my peace with the fact that we are probably gonna get screwed in any luongo deal. i just hope we dont get screwed like the jackets did.

it sure is entertaining when someone has a few, and floats a proposal like this. huberdeau will NOT be part of the return for luongo!! we all saw how columbus got hosed in the rick nash deal, and ive made my peace with the fact that we are probably gonna get screwed in any luongo deal. i just hope we dont get screwed like the jackets did.

To Vancouver:

Jonathan Huberdeau, 2013 1st, Shawn Matthias

To Florida:

Roberto Luongo, Chris Higgins, 2013 2nd

Before the Flamers get off about how "Huberdeau is a dealbreaker" - I remind you all that ANYONE can be traded. Gretzky was...and if you look at Bobby Ryan being on the market, Nash being moved, Kovalchuk being traded to the devils...anyone can be moved.

Why Vancouver does this:

It gives Vancouver a future A-level prospect Centerman who they don't have to rush behind Hank/Kesler. It also gives us a 1st round pick in a very deep draft year which has been likened to those of 2003/2008.

Why Florida Does this:

Florida gets an elite goaltender who has been top-3 post lockout, and will help solidify the panthers bid for a playoff spot for years to come. Playing behind Gudbranson/Campbell/Weaver/Jovo/Kulikov will be fine, they have a first line which has proven chemistry. They will now be able to mirror the big moves made by the canes/caps as well, and keep pace with a division that veritably improved.

Archived