The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN-MIN

this trade is kind of a last resort if we loose out on Doan and Gillis wants to just get rid of Ballard

I know trades with rivals rarely happen, but this trade could help out both teams

VAN

Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Clayton Stoner

MIN

Ballard

Alberts

3rd round pick

Why Wild?

The wild are making big bold moves for there franchise,

-bouchard no longer fits in the wild top 6. Mikael Granlund and Devin Setoguchi rank higher

-Bouchard is an up coming UFA with concussion issues, hes not easy to trade especially with his salary

--- if the wild dont want to loose him for nothing in 2013 they might just want to make a trade

-they need help on defence they have alot of young talent but not much experience.

-Ryan Suter is there only real top 4 dman.

-Why not bring 2 nhl experienced local boys home

Why Canucks

- to get rid of Ballards contract

- need another top 6 forward

- low risk/ high reward.......trading a bottom 6 dman for a top 6 forward

- if bouchard doesn't work out hes a UFA and comes off the books at seasons end , if his concussion issues still effect him, we should at least save some cap space from LTIR

- end of the day its more of a cap dump for the canucks so they have more money for 2013 free agency crop

-and Stoner belongs in BC

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ------David Booth ($4.250m)

Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4.080m) ---- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) ------- Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / --------------Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ---Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Dale Weise ($0.615m) /--------------- Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / ---Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) /------ Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) /--------- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /---- Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Clayton Stoner ($1.050m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,173,333; BONUSES: $185,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,026,667

with 3 million dollars left over in cap space(not including keslers LTIR) MG can sign 2 bottom 6 Dmen

kurtis foster and scott hannan

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / -----------Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / ---------------Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Kurtis Foster ($1.800m) / ---------------Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Clayton Stoner ($1.050m) /------------ Scott Hannan ($1.000m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $226,667

Tom Gilbert's pretty underrated; definitely a top 4 guy.

Pretty interesting deal. I think it'd take a little more from our side though.

Ballard, Sweatt, 2nd for Bouchard and Stoner?

I'd do it. Stoner's a serviceable bottom pairing guy. Bouchard's a huge risk, but if he's healthy I think he could be a great fit with Kesler and Booth. Only has one year left too so not too damaging if he doesn't turn out. Only one problem: I'm not sure Minny would be willing to take on salary, especially since Ballard has 3 years left.

Edit: Ballard's deal would expire right when some of their top prospects deals would so they could potentially make it work.

Not saying I'd make this trade but I love how CDCers are quick to point out the guy they're getting back has concussion problems but have no problem sending Ballard over who has 2 concussions in the past 2 years and a back injury over on a trade. Past 2 years, Ballard 112 games played, PMB 96 games played.

Both guys are from Minnesota, why not? Sounds like a good trade to me, we get a top 6 forward in the deal as well.

A good Defensemen back, only problem is trading with division rivals.. Doubt MG even has Minnesota as a possible trade partner on his list, so good luck with getting that one done. :sadno:

Archived