The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Next Superstar Player(s) for the Canucks?

Burrrrkes

With the Sedins not getting any younger, who/whom do you think will be the next canuck superstar(s)? Personally I don't see any player in the farm/team that will become that elite superstar player for the Canucks, maybe Kassian if he lives up to his potential. This can become troublesome as the team might have to endure a rebuilding period.

Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder, Mallet should all be top six players some day or top 9 at worst

Connauton, Price, McNally, Andersson, Corrado will likely not turn into stars but i expect them to be quality defencemen at the NHL level.

Lack is almost NHL ready and Cannata is from Massachusetts and was one of the best goalies in all of US Collage Hockey... hmmm, who does this remind me of?

the team doesn't need prospects projected to become 'superstars', we have a lot of solid prospects with good potential in the system.

We don't really have many prospects that have the potential to be superstars, but we have a couple of young very promising players already on the roster who haven't reached their full potential yet.

Edler is probably the closest sincr already he's already an All-Star but I think there's a bit more potential for him once he gains veteran experience and consistency.

Also Schneider. The Canucks wouldn't keep him if they didn't think he had the potential to be a star goalie. If he keeps playing the way he has, he could be one of the top goalies in the league.

Out of our prospects who haven't fully cracked the lineup, Kassian is the only big name guy. I don't think the Canucks will be having any elite scorers on the level of Naslund or the Sedins any time soon. But if we're lucky some of our prospects could turn out to be "lesser" stars who can be part of our core and make an impact. You don't need elite players, Top 5 household name type players to win the Cup. For example the Kings have Brown, Richards, and Carter, as Kopitar. They may not Crosby or Stamkos or Malkin, but they're still stars. If we're lucky the Canucks have some guys who could be of similar value such as Kassian, Schroeder, and Jensen.

When the Sedins retire in 3(?) years, Kesler will probably step up and take top line centre. By that time if we don't have something in the system, then I think guys like Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce would be able to fill top 6 roles.

We might not have a bonifide first liner in our system but it's too early to tell. In terms of defensive depth we have a lot of promise, Connauton, Tanev and I'm told that McNally is a very good defenseman though I haven't see him play.

In goal we are very deep as well, with Lack and Cannata almost guaranteed NHLers.

Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder, Mallet should all be top six players some day or top 9 at worst

Connauton, Price, McNally, Andersson, Corrado will likely not turn into stars but i expect them to be quality defencemen at the NHL level.

Lack is almost NHL ready and Cannata is from Massachusetts and was one of the best goalies in all of US Collage Hockey... hmmm, who does this remind me of?

the team doesn't need prospects projected to become 'superstars', we have a lot of solid prospects with good potential in the system.

We don't really have many prospects that have the potential to be superstars, but we have a couple of young very promising players already on the roster who haven't reached their full potential yet.

Edler is probably the closest sincr already he's already an All-Star but I think there's a bit more potential for him once he gains veteran experience and consistency.

Also Schneider. The Canucks wouldn't keep him if they didn't think he had the potential to be a star goalie. If he keeps playing the way he has, he could be one of the top goalies in the league.

Out of our prospects who haven't fully cracked the lineup, Kassian is the only big name guy. I don't think the Canucks will be having any elite scorers on the level of Naslund or the Sedins any time soon. But if we're lucky some of our prospects could turn out to be "lesser" stars who can be part of our core and make an impact. You don't need elite players, Top 5 household name type players to win the Cup. For example the Kings have Brown, Richards, and Carter, as Kopitar. They may not Crosby or Stamkos or Malkin, but they're still stars. If we're lucky the Canucks have some guys who could be of similar value such as Kassian, Schroeder, and Jensen.

Archived