The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Next Superstar Player(s) for the Canucks?

Burrrrkes

It would of been Cody Hodgson, but I think this Jensen kid may have a shot to be a superstar type of player. I believe the Canucks have some good prospects that will be good solid players for the Canucks in the future, but I don't really see that you know Superstar like a Sedin, or Crosby, Ovechkin. Jensen I think has a shot, and I think it will play out kinda like how Datysuk did for the Wings, may take a few season before you really see the superstar in him.

Assuming there is a difference between a superstar and a star player. (I dunno...All-star game player vs a top 10 player??)

I think for a superstar potential, only Schneider has that potential IMO.

Others?? Kassian, Jensen have star potential I suppose.

Guest Dasein

Pretty obvious that we don't have an apparent superstar prospect up and coming, but I am not too concerned. Firstly, we have some decent prospects who look to pan out as serviceable NHLers (Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Tanev, Connauton, Lack, etc) and others who are boom or bust (LaBate, Rodin, Friesen, McNally, Polasek, Cannata, Honzik, etc).

Out of those, if a few pan out, we'll have a solid team that will at least be in playoff contention.

Secondly, Vancouver is a good Canadian market and a great city to live in. I feel that we will be able to attract stars via free agency and if not, trades are also another option.

I'd love to see our prospects develop into our next superstars, and I believe we will see that happen, but that's not the only option. Personally, I am counting on Kassian, Jensen, LaBate, Gaunce, Rodin and Corrado the most.

Yes, I completely agree, but the Canucks need more scabby knuckle Canadian players that can grind the game and play it hard. I am tired of all these european easy-going players coming, although they can be very talented (SEDINS) but we need more Joe Thorton's, more Rick Nash's, more Getzlaf's. Not skill wise, but that play the game like that.

When the Sedins retire in 3(?) years, Kesler will probably step up and take top line centre. By that time if we don't have something in the system, then I think guys like Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce would be able to fill top 6 roles.

We might not have a bonifide first liner in our system but it's too early to tell. In terms of defensive depth we have a lot of promise, Connauton, Tanev and I'm told that McNally is a very good defenseman though I haven't see him play.

In goal we are very deep as well, with Lack and Cannata almost guaranteed NHLers.

naslund wasnt projected to be a superstar.

I think Rodin could turn into a naslund type, Jenson has great potential, Kassian.... really who would have ever thought burrows would be a 30 goal scorer, really anybody with the right work ethic and smarts cann become a superstar. We have plenty guys in the system that could suprise.

Archived