The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Healthy Higgins vs. Healthy Raymond

Junkyard Dog

Healthy Higgins Vs. Healthy Raymond  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Raymond is a better top-6 player, but Higgins is a better 3rd liner...

Both have strong defensive games but I think Raymond has more offensive upside and can dominate the play by himself at times.

Higgins however gives you a consistent effort and grit every second of every game.

Hard to say.

I would have to go with a healthy Raymond but not by much. I see people saying that Raymond is head and shoulders more one dimensional than Higgins but in reality, Raymond`s defensive game is very underrated. I know he`s not physical but he`s a lot stronger than he gets credit for and the way he sees the game and his speed lend well to the third line if he`s not producing.

HIggins plays grown up hockey. He is grittier, stronger on the puck and hits. He also has decent offensive skills. Raymond is fast with average offensive skill. To be a pure finnesse player in the NHL, you have to be one of the best offensive talents in the league and Raymond isn't.

i'll take Higgins.

I take healthy Higgins. Even before his injury, Raymond wasn't as effective of a player as Higgins is. I think when both are on their game they can produce similar numbers, but Higgins is far more likely to actually be on his game. When Higgins was with Montreal he managed 3 20+goal seasons, including a career high of 27, higher than Raymond's 25. Ever since he came to Vancouver he seems to have his form back and in a full 82 game season last year he could easily have reached 20. Plus he's much more physical than Raymond, is stronger on the forecheck, and battles hard in the corners.

If it was just healthy Higgins vs healthy Raymond i would choose Higgins because he is more consistent and plays with more grit.

But if we are talking about Higgins on his game vs Raymond on his game I would probably go with Raymond. I feel that his speed makes him a lot more dangerous and creates more scoring opportunities to for our team. I'd say when both players are on their game, Raymond is a better top 6 forward while Higgins would be a better 3rd line forward....

Archived