The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Healthy Higgins vs. Healthy Raymond

Junkyard Dog

Healthy Higgins Vs. Healthy Raymond  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not gonna say Raymond is better than Higgins because Higgins is the better player to me, at the moment. What I'm going to talk about is how inconsiderate our fans are. You guys haven't gave a crap about his injuries. You don't consider the fact that he has dealt with injuries the past 2 seasons, you just want him traded. You don't consider the fact he never had an off-season last year, you just want him out. Are you f*cking kidding me? I never expected to get this much hate on Raymond, a player WE DRAFTED. People are saying "Oh he's had one fluke season", You haven't seen him healthy since that one "fluke" season. People are saying "He was playing with Kesler who had a great season that year", that's called chemistry, when they were both healthy they were both producing together. He suffered a vertebrae compression fracture and to top that off he suffered nerve and tissue damage in his spine... how many people thought about that?...but again nobody cares. What great fans we have. :picard:

I'm not gonna say Raymond is better than Higgins because Higgins is the better player to me, at the moment. What I'm going to talk about is how inconsiderate our fans are. You guys haven't gave a crap about his injuries. You don't consider the fact that he has dealt with injuries the past 2 seasons, you just want him traded. You don't consider the fact he never had an off-season last year, you just want him out. Are you f*cking kidding me? I never expected to get this much hate on Raymond, a player WE DRAFTED. People are saying "Oh he's had one fluke season", You haven't seen him healthy since that one "fluke" season. People are saying "He was playing with Kesler who had a great season that year", that's called chemistry, when they were both healthy they were both producing together. He suffered a vertebrae compression fracture and to top that off he suffered nerve and tissue damage in his spine... how many people thought about that?...but again nobody cares. What great fans we have. :picard:

Higgins has an element of physicality that Raymond doesn't.

Higgins is better in the crease.

Higgins is a better shot-deflector/tipper.

Higgins has much better balance and puck control.

Higgins is a much more tenacious forechecker.

But on the flipside...

Raymond has a better shot.

Raymond is a much better skater.

Raymond is a lot more agile.

They're both about the same defensively. Raymond is a better back-checker, but Higgins sticks to his checks better.

At the end of the day, I'd take Higgins over Raymond in our top-6 right now.

Archived