The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Goaltending Past

canuck028

I was just curious to see if any CDC'ers could tell me if the canucks have ever drafted a goaltender (such as cory schneider), developed him properly, have them become an integral part of the organization and finally retire a canuck.

I ask this because cory schneider is one of my favorite players. the canucks drafted him, developed him properly and now he is becoming an integral part of the orgamization. i hope one day he retires a canuck. he has an amazing work ethic and seems to be one hell of a player/individual.

thoughts?

Man I was hoping for something good maybe some artrus irbe talk or insert one of Vancouver's countless goalies instead of another post that Google could answer . Vancouver is a goalie graveyard for a reason. Why is that? Are we cursed forever to be plagued by this graveyard? Are we the new red sox? Why do goalies careers come here to die? If we are going to dig graves and talk about our past, why not talk about why we have such a goalie problem or controversy year after year.

Man I was hoping for something good maybe some artrus irbe talk or insert one of Vancouver's countless goalies instead of another post that Google could answer . Vancouver is a goalie graveyard for a reason. Why is that? Are we cursed forever to be plagued by this graveyard? Are we the new red sox? Why do goalies careers come here to die? If we are going to dig graves and talk about our past, why not talk about why we have such a goalie problem or controversy year after year.

Archived