The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

12 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

^true I guess. One more ring to bring an end to any and all discussion but I wouldn't say he "needs" that last one. Even at 4 and with all the QB postseason records under his belt, it's enough as is tbh.

Take it from a person who's not a homer when it comes to the Pats, he needs the 5th one to legitimately claim that title.  I've seen Joe Montana play.  He's also one of the QB's that can be considered the GOAT.  I personally have Brady top 5.  One more ring will make me argue with people that he is the best of all time.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Take it from a person who's not a homer when it comes to the Pats, he needs the 5th one to legitimately claim that title.  I've seen Joe Montana play.  He's also one of the QB's that can be considered the GOAT.  I personally have Brady top 5.  One more ring will make me argue with people that he is the best of all time.

Top 5 or Top 3?

5 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Top 5 or Top 3?

Until he gets that fifth ring it's tough to justify ranking him in the Top 3, but if I was personally ranking him, I'd put him Top 3.  My reasoning would be that a couple of his rings were earned with "not so super teams".

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Until he gets that fifth ring it's tough to justify ranking him in the Top 3, but if I was personally ranking him, I'd put him Top 3.  My reasoning would be that a couple of his rings were earned with "not so super teams".

He also lost 2 more rings to circus catches.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

A loss is a loss no matter how it happens.

For instance....

True dat.

He also got lucky vs Seattle as the last play of that game is debatable forever.  I guess the point I was trying to make was is that he quite easily could have 5 rings and at least 5 more years to play.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe he hasn't taken advantage of every edge he could have because he comes across as ultra-competitive. I may be biased/envious as his wife is hotter than mine.

• Upvote 1

Good thing for the NFL I am not Brady. If it was me and I truly had no part in the deflated footballs I would not have dropped my court case and would have a separate case going regarding the league slandering and damaging my good name. I would also rather quit than serve a suspension I did not deserve.

I am willing to wear the crap that I cause, but will not take crap that is not mine.

---------------------------------------------------

And that's that. The evil empower got his way after a witch hunt which from the get go was aimed to one way or another put down Tom.

...Tom just stepped up as the bigger man and decided to frack it at this point considering Goodell would stop at nothing. This doesn't prove anything. If anything, just exposed a MASSIVE flaw in the CBA which allows Goodell to be God.

Everyone (other than Mak) knows this is unjust and tyranny in play. Even the biggest Patriots/Brady haters are coming out and saying how backwards this entire thing played out in favour of the NFL and against Brady through it's entirety.

I look forward ward to seeing a ramped up Tom when he's back which will also allow him to be healthier come playoff time. Will still win the division. Frack you Goodell.

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

And that's that. The evil empower got his way after a witch hunt which from the get go was aimed to one way or another put down Tom.

...Tom just stepped up as the bigger man and decided to frack it at this point considering Goodell would stop at nothing. This doesn't prove anything. If anything, just exposed a MASSIVE flaw in the CBA which allows Goodell to be God.

Everyone (other than Mak) knows this is unjust and tyranny in play. Even the biggest Patriots/Brady haters are coming out and saying how backwards this entire thing played out in favour of the NFL and against Brady through it's entirety.

I look forward ward to seeing a ramped up Tom when he's back which will also allow him to be healthier come playoff time. Will still win the division. Frack you Goodell.

Bill Simmons is a clown. Dude jumped on the Kings bandwagon and he's a Bruins fan or something. Dude always rips on the Canucks. He's on my top 10 punchable face list. 

I love Goodel tbh. He causes so much chaos and pretty much does what he wants loool. Helps that he has it out for the Pats even though he is/was boys with Kraft.