The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Can't we just appreciate players who set records? I like QB's like Bradshaw, Brady, Manning (Peyton, not Eli), Montana....

Greatness should be admired regardless of the jersey.

True dat.

I think I speak for everyone when I say it's never acceptable to hate on a player.. unless it's Sherman.

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on most touchdowns ever thrown.

Of course, when it comes to career goals, he would probably rather have what his little brother has, but nonetheless amazing accomplishment.

Ironically, I could see the current Colts QB eventually breaking Peyton's record if he can keep up a 2TD/game average over his career with the few 3,4,5 TD games every season, and of course, stay healthy.

Turned the game off after witnessing a historic moment because, well, the result is pretty inevitable.

Eli has one more SB win and MVP. Thats it. I highly doubt Peyton would give his epic HOF career up for one more SB title. That would be dumb.

Congrats to Peyton, what a legend. Throws are art in motion.

...however wanted to post this though...just found it funny cause of the Twitter account it is :lol:

@CockyBelichick:

Peyton Manning might have the record but I know how many TD's he threw against shit teams instead of running the ball in the Redzone.

@CockyBelichick:

Fun fact: The Patriots have the most rushing TD's in the league since 2000. Aka Tom Brady could have your record Peyton. What a douche.

Eli has one more SB win and MVP. Thats it. I highly doubt Peyton would give his epic HOF career up for one more SB title. That would be dumb.

The ultimate goal if you’re a football player is to win the Superbowl. Everything else is great but they want the Superbowl way more than a few individual accomplishments. Nearly every single player will tell you that.

The ultimate goal if you’re a football player is to win the Superbowl. Everything else is great but they want the Superbowl way more than a few individual accomplishments. Nearly every single player will tell you that.

Yes. But how many players have the career Peyton has had? For your average Jo Blow, yes, championships are where it at. But we are talking about Peyton manning and his legendary career. Please dont say he'd give up his numbers, records and MVPS for one more SB. Doesnt that sound silly to you?

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on most touchdowns ever thrown.

Was pretty special to get to watch that. Refreshing to see a mature post like this after the last couple of pages, to say the least. Manning definitely earned the record; the record setting TD was just so well executed that it just felt right.

Can't wait to see Manning and Brady face off again this year.

Yes. But how many players have the career Peyton has had? For your average Jo Blow, yes, championships are where it at. But we are talking about Peyton manning and his legendary career. Please dont say he'd give up his numbers, records and MVPS for one more SB. Doesnt that sound silly to you?

Does it sound silly to me that a quarterback would give up a touchdown record for another championship? No.

But that's just my opinion. At the end of the day every athlete competes to win championships, unless you're Ovechkin, then it's just about personal stats.

Would Peyton give up 509 touchdowns for say having 300 career touchdowns but having a second Super Bowl? My guess is yes. If the answer is no, then the persona he puts out in the public of not being a personal stats guy but rather a guy who wants to win more championships is a sham.

True dat.

I think I speak for everyone when I say it's never acceptable to hate on a player.. unless it's Sherman.

Yeah, Hernandez murdered multiple people and Roethlisberger has bought his way out of a few sexual assault cases and thats all fine but Sherman actually talks a bit. Thats going to far.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Hernandez murdered multiple people and Roethlisberger has bought his way out of a few sexual assault cases and thats all fine but Sherman actually talks a bit. Thats going to far.

Hernandez pales in comparison to Sherman who brutally beat Trent Williams' fist with his face. If you ask me Sherman should be thrown in Guantanamo Bay.