The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Baldwin and Rice? What about Tate and Harvin? There is so much fail in this post I don't really know where to begin. Any old Joe could cover Zack Miller? Someone should have told the falcons last year when he put up 142 yards in the playoffs. Seattle also has Clemons and Irvin out with injury so there's that. Don't let your hate cloud your judgement. The Bronco's are a great team but you have overlooked far too many factors and variables to make any sense of your post. I don't think you know enough about the Seahawks to make an informed choice.

Right, Golden Tate, a guy who has put up a 227 yard season, 380 yard season, a 680 yard season and so far 70 yards through 2 games with 10 touchdowns across those 3 seasons and 2 games, total threat man. He'll definitely be the difference maker.

Also, who knows how Harvin will be after rehab. He might be rusty when he gets back and might need a full off season to train to get back to form. Hence why I said I don't think the Seahawks are good enough this year.

Right, Golden Tate, a guy who has put up a 227 yard season, 380 yard season, a 680 yard season and so far 70 yards through 2 games with 10 touchdowns across those 3 seasons and 2 games, total threat man. He'll definitely be the difference maker.

Also, who knows how Harvin will be after rehab. He might be rusty when he gets back and might need a full off season to train to get back to form. Hence why I said I don't think the Seahawks are good enough this year.

You put too much stock into offenses. Offenses don't win championships alone and Seattle has the best secondary in the league bar none not to mention the best defence overall. They just dismantled the consensus pick for the best team in the league with only 140 yards passing. The proof is in the pudding.

Oh yeah and Golden Tate has a knack for big catches in coverage so yeah, he is a difference maker. It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

Lots of rumors around the NFL that Schiano doesn`t want Freeman, and didn`t even want him on the team heading into training camp hence drafting a QB in the 3rd round. Hard for a QB to succeed when the head coach doesn`t support you. One of them will be gone before the end of the season, it`s just a matter of whether the GM thinks Freeman would succeed with a new coach, or if the coach would succeed with a new QB.

Ya I hear there are a lot of trade rumors surrounding them as well.. Too bad for tampa fans because if you look at that defense and some of the play makers on their offense, they should be doing a lot better than they are. I have their rookie qb in dynasty league so I wouldn't mind seeing Freemen benched lol.

Though I am not a fan of Schiano and his 'we play to final to the final whistle'. Just get out of here you clown lol

You put too much stock into offenses. Offenses don't win championships alone and Seattle has the best secondary in the league bar none not to mention the best defence overall. They just dismantled the consensus pick for the best team in the league with only 140 yards passing. The proof is in the pudding.

Oh yeah and Golden Tate has a knack for big catches in coverage so yeah, he is a difference maker. It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

Denver also has a great secondary. What my point was, is that Seattle's offense doesn't have enough serious threats to over power Denver's secondary should they meet in the Super Bowl, whereas Denver has more receiving threats than Seattle does shut down corners. If Sherman and Browner take away Decker and Thomas, there is still Welker and Thomas in the slots, there's also Moreno and Ball catching out of the backfield.

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still got to wait for week 10 when a fully healthy Falcons team takes on a fully healthy Seahawks team. Should they make it far enough, they would also eventually have to play the Packers in the playoffs at some point. Though I hope the Seahawks faithful keep pumping their tires about the Super Bowl, the less of an "under dog" team they are by playoff time, the higher of a chance there is that they under perform in the playoffs.

Denver also has a great secondary. What my point was, is that Seattle's offense doesn't have enough serious threats to over power Denver's secondary should they meet in the Super Bowl, whereas Denver has more receiving threats than Seattle does shut down corners. If Sherman and Browner take away Decker and Thomas, there is still Welker and Thomas in the slots, there's also Moreno and Ball catching out of the backfield.

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still got to wait for week 10 when a fully healthy Falcons team takes on a fully healthy Seahawks team. Should they make it far enough, they would also eventually have to play the Packers in the playoffs at some point. Though I hope the Seahawks faithful keep pumping their tires about the Super Bowl, the less of an "under dog" team they are by playoff time, the higher of a chance there is that they under perform in the playoffs.

Good....good...let the hate cloud your judgement. That's the way we like it. As for corners, you do realize Browner hasn't played yet right? You forgot about Thurmond and Maxwell, the Seahawks have more than enough depth to match any receiving core. Did you see what Seattle did to the 9ers pass protection? If that was Manning back there he wouldn't have made it out of the game in one piece.

Do you mean the same packers whose secondary got exposed by the niners last week? The same niners who scored 3 points on Sunday? Keep hatin bro.

Good....good...let the hate cloud your judgement. That's the way we like it. As for corners, you do realize Browner hasn't played yet right? You forgot about Thurmond and Maxwell, the Seahawks have more than enough depth to match any receiving core. Did you see what Seattle did to the 9ers pass protection? If that was Manning back there he wouldn't have made it out of the game in one piece.

Do you mean the same packers whose secondary got exposed by the niners last week? The same niners who scored 3 points on Sunday? Keep hatin bro.

Have you forgotten the super bowl isn't played in Seattle? Did you forget the 9ers beat Seattle last year in San Fran? As they probably will do this year as well.

But keep thinking you guys have the Super Bowl locked up. Afterall, your team IS the team that considered a win over the Patriots and 49ers last year as equal to winning the super bowl. Though that's expected for a team that has made it to the Super Bowl once in their history, didn't win it, and still complain, what, 8 years later? that they should have won it. Get over it. Let me know when you guys make it a conference championship.

Have you forgotten the super bowl isn't played in Seattle? Did you forget the 9ers beat Seattle last year in San Fran? As they probably will do this year as well.

But keep thinking you guys have the Super Bowl locked up. Afterall, your team IS the team that considered a win over the Patriots and 49ers last year as equal to winning the super bowl. Though that's expected for a team that has made it to the Super Bowl once in their history, didn't win it, and still complain, what, 8 years later? that they should have won it. Get over it. Let me know when you guys make it a conference championship.

This is why people hate pats fans. Quit living in the past.

• Upvote 1

The pats were in a conference championship game last year.

This is why people hate the Seahawks,have never done sh*t in the NFL and act as if they should be treated as the greatest team ever.

Not really. You're just making things up.

Nothing wrong with their fans getting excited about what's a genuinely good team.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Not really. You're just making things up.

Nothing wrong with their fans getting excited about what's a genuinely good team.

Oh really? Richard Sherman during almost every interview whines about how no one picks the Seahawks and they get written off and they shouldn't get picked to lose games blah blah blah. He went off on that rant after the Sunday nighter.

On a lot of NFL.com articles regarding the Seahawks, Seahawks fans flood the comment section about not getting any respect and post things like "Oh the Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and CBS still wouldn't know who we are."

Edited by NucksPatsFan

The pats were in a conference championship game last year.

This is why people hate the Seahawks, have never done sh*t in the NFL and act as if they should be treated as the greatest team ever.

Ya I think your hate for Seattle has a little far. I don't disagree with your original point that they might not be good enough this year. Especially if Okung doesn't heal properly from this latest injury, and if Harvin doesn't return. But they and 3 other teams(San Fran, GB and Denver) in my eyes should be considered the favorite.

The hype around them is a bit much, and I think that is what probably bugs you. Though its certainly ironic hearing that from a pats fan lol

Ya I think your hate for Seattle has a little far. I don't disagree with your original point that they might not be good enough this year. Especially if Okung doesn't heal properly from this latest injury, and if Harvin doesn't return. But they and 3 other teams(San Fran, GB and Denver) in my eyes should be considered the favorite.

The hype around them is a bit much, and I think that is what probably bugs you. Though its certainly ironic hearing that from a pats fan lol

I'm not disputing that they're a favorite. I agree that they should be included in that conversation, and if they get the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC, they will be in a very good place as they will get a home divisional game, and possibly a home conference championship game.

But it's ironic that a Seattle fan tells me to not live in the past (even though the pats were in a conference championship game less than 10 months ago), yet a lot of the die hards (a couple of my friends have season tix) still bring up the Super Bowl loss and rant about it.

Like I implied, do something to make your mark and I'll respect you. Going to Atlanta and losing in the second round isn't going to make me respect you as a team. Beating San Francisco at home in week 2 is nothing to write home about. The playoffs is where it counts, so until we get to January, arguing against a team that until today has done nothing relevant to make people remember them and respect them as a top tier team is pointless. Yeah sure they had a great defense last year, but a lot of non playoff teams were also ranked pretty high for defense.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I'm not disputing that they're a favorite. I agree that they should be included in that conversation, and if they get the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC, they will be in a very good place as they will get a home divisional game, and possibly a home conference championship game.

So your just complaining about the fans? kind of a north west mentality tho is not? East coast teams gets the bias in media no matter what league we are talking about. I mean as canuck fan as well can you really say a whole we are any better lol

Anyways who cares their team has been pretty awful in the past. You used to be able to buy tickets to games for dirt cheap, can't fault them for getting pretty excited about their team for once.

But it's ironic that a Seattle fan tells me to not live in the past (even though the pats were in a conference championship game less than 10 months ago), yet a lot of the die hards (a couple of my friends have season tix) still bring up the Super Bowl loss and rant about it.

Like I implied, do something to make your mark and I'll respect you. Going to Atlanta and losing in the second round isn't going to make me respect you as a team. Beating San Francisco at home in week 2 is nothing to write home about. The playoffs is where it counts, so until we get to January, arguing against a team that until today has done nothing relevant to make people remember them and respect them as a top tier team is pointless. Yeah sure they had a great defense last year, but a lot of non playoff teams were also ranked pretty high for defense.

Ya but they have nothing to brag about, so have to hold onto the small things. Think of it as a canuck fan as well, how often do people still talk about 94? It sucks yes, hell I wish I could talk about something great San Diego accomplished recently too, but hasn't happened. Doesn't mean if they went on a run over this year and next I wouldn't be confident in my team. Some fans are just more obnoxious as others, chirping you makes no sense cuz you can always fall back on the arguement of oh look at our 3 SB wins

Edited by pdc

Oh really? Richard Sherman during almost every interview whines about how no one picks the Seahawks and they get written off and they shouldn't get picked to lose games blah blah blah. He went off on that rant after the Sunday nighter.

On a lot of NFL.com articles regarding the Seahawks, Seahawks fans flood the comment section about not getting any respect and post things like "Oh the Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and CBS still wouldn't know who we are."

Don't half the Canucks fans do the same thing on here and nhl.com? Every sport is east coast bias except when you talk about the Lakers.

Ya but they have nothing to brag about, so have to hold onto the small things. Think of it as a canuck fan as well, how often do people still talk about 94? It sucks yes, hell I wish I could talk about something great San Diego accomplished recently too, but hasn't happened. Doesn't mean if they went on a run over this year and next I wouldn't be confident in my team. Some fans are just more obnoxious as others, chirping you makes no sense cuz you can always fall back on the arguement of oh look at our 3 SB wins

You make good points. I get chirped all the time about 18-1, losing to Eli twice..etc. and don't fall back on 3 super bowl wins cause the people that chirp me (friends) are Steelers and 49ers fans, and one Packers fan. But they're realistic fans, something I find a lot Seahawks fans aren't. My friend who's a Packers fan doesn't think his team is the greatest in the NFL and it'll be an easy ride to the Super Bowl..etc. He knows their defense has problems and they need to consistently establish the run game. Whereas some of the Seahawks fans on my facebook are already planning the Super Bowl parade route.

The NFL is a week to week league. The Seahawks could only put up 12 points against the Panthers, against whom the Bills put up 24 points. The 49ers offense exploded in week 1, but was shut down in week 2. That's why I hate arguing about what's going to happen because you don't know. All you can look forward to is the matches every week, and after about week 12, start looking forward to the games that have playoff implications.

By all means, I'd love for my friends (the few that are legit Seahawks fans) to be able to celebrate a super bowl victory. I was happy for one of my best friends when the Ravens won last year. But UNTIL you do, stop acting like you've already won it. I'm not saying that specifically towards someone, just in general.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

You make good points. I get chirped all the time about 18-1, losing to Eli twice..etc. and don't fall back on 3 super bowl wins cause the people that chirp me (friends) are Steelers and 49ers fans, and one Packers fan. But they're realistic fans, something I find a lot Seahawks fans aren't. My friend who's a Packers fan doesn't think his team is the greatest in the NFL and it'll be an easy ride to the Super Bowl..etc. He knows their defense has problems and they need to consistently establish the run game. Whereas some of the Seahawks fans on my facebook are already planning the Super Bowl parade route.

The NFL is a week to week league. The Seahawks could only put up 12 points against the Panthers, against whom the Bills put up 24 points. The 49ers offense exploded in week 1, but was shut down in week 2. That's why I hate arguing about what's going to happen because you don't know. All you can look forward to is the matches every week, and after about week 12, start looking forward to the games that have playoff implications.

By all means, I'd love for my friends (the few that are legit Seahawks fans) to be able to celebrate a super bowl victory. I was happy for one of my best friends when the Ravens won last year. But UNTIL you do, stop acting like you've already won it. I'm not saying that specifically towards someone, just in general.

Thats fair enough, fans like that annoy me just as much. I know what you mean too every year its a different team where all the obnoxious fans seem to come out of the wood work and ignore all logic and reason. Like you said and especially with NFL and the injuries that can happen you never know who will  pull through until ya week 11-12. I am loving the irony here tho, as mid 2000s Patriots certainly had their fair share of fans like that lol, as does every team at one point of time.

Edited by pdc