The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Was mostly box score watching, how did Harry and rest of Pats wrs look? 

Jules was typical Jules. A lot of 8-12 yard option routes. Harry is a big body, caught everything within 3 yards of line of scrimmage and used his body to pick up YAC. The rest of the receivers were no shows as were tight ends. James White and Newton had the best chemistry in my opinion. 

Part of it was game plan (Rushed for 240 yards) and part of it was game planning with a super limited playbook.

Probably don’t see what this offense wants to be until after the bye

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Super soft call on Gallup but my bet on the Rams -1.5 sure didn’t mind!

Yeah that was a terrible call, but I don't mind since the Eagles and their offensive line blew junks today (though an off year might be good to get some talent).

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Super soft call on Gallup but my bet on the Rams -1.5 sure didn’t mind!

I imagine there will be some second-guessing about the Cowboys' decision to forego a tying field goal attempt in favour of going for the first down on 4th and 3 from the Rams 11 yard line late in the third quarter.

Personally, I liked the call.  Although, as a Cowboys fan, I didn't like the result.

I seemed to recall that there's an adage that defense has an advantage over offense early in the season.  That it takes longer for the offense to get its act together.

Given that there were no pre-season games this year, I thought this might be even more true than usual.  

With this in mind, it occurred to me that betting the under on the games might be the way to go - if the defenses dominate the offenses, scoring will be down.

Of the 13 games I tracked in Week 1, 9 were over and 4 were under.

So much for clever theories.

9 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

I seemed to recall that there's an adage that defense has an advantage over offense early in the season.  That it takes longer for the offense to get its act together.

Given that there were no pre-season games this year, I thought this might be even more true than usual.  

With this in mind, it occurred to me that betting the under on the games might be the way to go - if the defenses dominate the offenses, scoring will be down.

Of the 13 games I tracked in Week 1, 9 were over and 4 were under.

So much for clever theories.

No pre season would certainly theorize that defenses have advantage.

However given all the moving parts the NFL sees yearly, no pre season also means no tape for defenses to watch on opposing offenses. 

Which is why I believe the first 4 weeks this year are relatively meaningless unless you go 0-4 as I don’t think any team will be an accurate reflection of themselves until mid October. 

• Upvote 1

I recommend bet365 for those that bet but don't use it.

Allows for early cash outs if your bet is looking favourable but the game isn't over.

Ie. I can cash out right now on my steelers/titans ticket even though the titans game is tied. They're driving and in the redzone about to (likely) take the lead, and I can cash out my bet for 80% of what my profits would be should the Titans cover -2.5

Going to wait to see what happens on this drive and then cash out since Gostkowski couldn't kick it through 50 yard wide uprights right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I recommend bet365 for those that bet but don't use it.

Allows for early cash outs if your bet is looking favourable but the game isn't over.

Ie. I can cash out right now on my steelers/titans ticket even though the titans game is tied. They're driving and in the redzone about to (likely) take the lead, and I can cash out my bet for 80% of what my profits would be should the Titans cover -2.5

Going to wait to see what happens on this drive and then cash out since Gostkowski couldn't kick it through 50 yard wide uprights right now. 

Given my (very) modest level of betting I'm not to concerned about who I bet with.  But that early cashout is interesting - I've never heard of that before.

Does bet365 allow for bets on single games?  At one time I heard BCLC was thinking about it but it hasn't seemed to happen.