The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

9 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Given my (very) modest level of betting I'm not to concerned about who I bet with.  But that early cashout is interesting - I've never heard of that before.

Does bet365 allow for bets on single games?  At one time I heard BCLC was thinking about it but it hasn't seemed to happen.

Yeah bet365 does single games. 

The cash out is great. 

Using round numbers for simplicity:

I bet $20 on a parlay of Steelers -4.5 and Titans -2.5 to win $60

Early in the 4th quarter the Titans go up 13-7 and I cash out to secure a $50 win leaving $10 potentially on the table.

with 2 minutes left in the game the Titans are down 1 point and need a touchdown to cover. 

The cash out was worth it in this case. In some cases you cash out for say 50-60% of potential profits and the game ends where you would’ve won the bet and you hate yourself. 

But in my eyes free money is free money. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Pretty poor time management by Denver coach in last minute of 2nd MNF game.  With Titans looking for going ahead score trailing 14-13, Broncos let the clock run down without stopping it.   Of course the Titans got the winning FG, 16-14,  leaving Broncos with only 17 seconds when they got the ball back.

On 9/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Van40 said:

That sucks for the Bengals lol

Yeah Im not sure I would've called that PI on Green. Theres worst Ive seen. If thats the best the Chargers are going to muster up against a Bengals defence, you might as well peg them last in the AFC west. Its going to be Herbert time in a month

Good game by Burrows overall, really questionable play calling and a dumb int on that shovel pass. But you know what? You know that kid has something when he went on that last drive, just looked cool and poised

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I recommend bet365 for those that bet but don't use it.

Allows for early cash outs if your bet is looking favourable but the game isn't over.

Ie. I can cash out right now on my steelers/titans ticket even though the titans game is tied. They're driving and in the redzone about to (likely) take the lead, and I can cash out my bet for 80% of what my profits would be should the Titans cover -2.5

Going to wait to see what happens on this drive and then cash out since Gostkowski couldn't kick it through 50 yard wide uprights right now. 

365 is great been using it for years now

9 hours ago, DonLever said:

Pretty poor time management by Denver coach in last minute of 2nd MNF game.  With Titans looking for going ahead score trailing 14-13, Broncos let the clock run down without stopping it.   Of course the Titans got the winning FG, 16-14,  leaving Broncos with only 17 seconds when they got the ball back.

It was absolutely brutal....I have no idea what was going through his mind there.....:wacko:

6 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Well, time and a defense.  And a functioning offensive line would be helpful, too.    

We have some nice pieces on defense it’s just Anarumo is not a good DC like, at all. Missing Atkins/Waynes/Daniels certainly didn’t help with things either. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

We have some nice pieces on defense it’s just Anarumo is not a good DC like, at all. Missing Atkins/Waynes/Daniels certainly didn’t help with things either. 

Or Jessie Bates whiffing on tackles left and right. Too bad about Uzamah, but it looks like that TE Sample can play. Really questionable calls by Taylor, they should've given Mixon more looks in the red zone

8 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Or Jessie Bates whiffing on tackles left and right. Too bad about Uzamah, but it looks like that TE Sample can play. Really questionable calls by Taylor, they should've given Mixon more looks in the red zone

I think the biggest issue for Mixon is he’s just got no holes to run through because outside of two guys this line can’t block tp save their life. I can’t for the life of me understand how Bobby Hart has any kind of job in the NFL let alone at the salary he currently has. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think the biggest issue for Mixon is he’s just got no holes to run through because outside of two guys this line can’t block tp save their life. I can’t for the life of me understand how Bobby Hart has any kind of job in the NFL let alone at the salary he currently has. 

Mixon did better though last night. I don't understand why the coaching staff seem to love Bernard on passing downs. Joe can catch the ball and the guy is electric when he's in space

10 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Mixon did better though last night. I don't understand why the coaching staff seem to love Bernard on passing downs. Joe can catch the ball and the guy is electric when he's in space

Gio’s always been a pretty good and reliable receiver but yeah Mixon needs to get more involved.