The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I haven't really paid attention to football in about 15 years. Now that hockey, basketball, and baseball are ending, I figure football is going to be my only option for sports for a while. 

If you were to treat me as a brand new fan to the NFL, what is one thing you'd want to tell me?

A catch isn’t a catch and no catches are catches.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I haven't really paid attention to football in about 15 years. Now that hockey, basketball, and baseball are ending, I figure football is going to be my only option for sports for a while. 

If you were to treat me as a brand new fan to the NFL, what is one thing you'd want to tell me?

The TV crew has a rules expert for a reason.  Don't expect to understand everything.

• Upvote 1

The book on Lamar is out: sit back, contain the run, and make him beat you by throwing it until your team gets a lead in which Baltimore is then forced to throw from that point onwards.

Titans drew it up in last season’s playoffs, similar execution today albeit yes it is Mahomes they’re up against. Lamar is a limited passer. He’s no Wilson or Mahomes or even a current day ARod. To sustain effectiveness, you got to be able to throw it consistently and he seems to only do that (the limited amount he does) when his team is leading and the Ravens have the freedom to play their style of backyard football offensively. You want to neutralize that? Take away that play call freedom by getting an early lead, sit back on defense, and dare him to throw...reminds me of the way Denver schemed against Cam in the SB; same thing they forced him to throw it to beat them when he was still raw and not used to that.

On 9/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, Down by the River said:

On 9/28/2020 at 6:49 AM, c00kies said:

The NFC East division is an even bigger joke than it has been lol.

Should be fun having Trevor Lawrence in the division next season.

Maybe the whole division can draft him and he can take turns playing for each team on different Sundays.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

Not a bad Thursday night game considering the teams. The facemask on the sack was the turning point.

And the other five (!) personal fouls didn't help much either.

Nice run by Darnold for their first touchdown, though.

11 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

And the other five (!) personal fouls didn't help much either.

Nice run by Darnold for their first touchdown, though.

I feel bad for Darnold, really sucks having a retard for a head coach. Never did I think he'd be this low. If you guys recall, Darnold was the consensus top QB in going to the draft and was the most sure thing out of Mayfield, him, Rosen, and Allen. I still think Darnold with a different coach can still be a pretty good QB in the league